PDA

View Full Version : Fall Cleanup pricing

Steeley
11-02-2006, 09:03 AM
I currently charge $30hr for cleanups and $25per load for debris hauled off, I just bought a 25hp LEAF LOADER on a trailer and I am having a leaf box made on my 1 ton truck. Not sure how to charge for the leaf loader to help it pay for it self? I have been loading the leaves by hand for 4 years.

Uranus
11-02-2006, 09:19 AM
Seems to me that your labor rate is low. Around here its between 45 and 60 dollars an hour. I'd go up some. If you dont think you can get more per hour then add some to your hourly rate for leaf loading lawns and keep the price the same for the lawns where you dont have to use the loader. You probably droped 4 grand on loader and will pay a pretty penny for a leaf box to be made for you. You have to recover your money and the only way is to charge more. Or you could just slow down. Extra hour on each lawn keeps you working longer unless it snows and brings in more money.

stumper1620
11-02-2006, 09:22 AM
Seems to me that your labor rate is low. Around here its between 45 and 60 dollars an hour. I'd go up some. If you dont think you can get more per hour then add some to your hourly rate for leaf loading lawns and keep the price the same for the lawns where you dont have to use the loader. You probably droped 4 grand on loader and will pay a pretty penny for a leaf box to be made for you. You have to recover your money and the only way is to charge more. Or you could just slow down. Extra hour on each lawn keeps you working longer unless it snows and brings in more money.
Even then, the leaf loader should cut the labor time way down, so I would say the hourly rate needs to at least double to compensate. I go 50 an hour to my best customers,and I consider that cheap.

Uranus
11-02-2006, 09:29 AM
Even then, the leaf loader should cut the labor time way down, so I would say the hourly rate needs to at least double to compensate. I go 50 an hour to my best customers,and I consider that cheap.

Yea I didn't think about the time throwing tarps in to the truck. I've been lucky and have never had to do that. Loaders do save time. I get $50 an hour too. And I dont bust my a$$. Just do a good job, get evrything out of the beds and clean the lawn as best as I can. Bottom line is raise your prices. If they drop you then you have time to over bid some one time cash cleanups. Paid upfront of coures.

dfor
11-02-2006, 09:47 AM
What other equipment do you use for your clean-ups? Rates in my area are at least double what you are charging. Don't shortchange yourself. With the right equipment, we (LCO's) can get a heck of a lot done in one hours time. Why not use plywood for your box and a mesh tarp for the top. Works great.

prizeprop
11-02-2006, 09:55 AM
For guys that say they are charging $50-$60 an hour is that solo or are you sending 3 to 4 guys and charging the above rate per man hour? We charge $40 and with 4 guys thats $160.00 an hour. Be nice to get $240.00 an hour. Just curious because most laugh at $40.00 per man hour.

stumper1620
11-02-2006, 10:05 AM
For guys that say they are charging $50-$60 an hour is that solo or are you sending 3 to 4 guys and charging the above rate per man hour? We charge $40 and with 4 guys thats $160.00 an hour. Be nice to get $240.00 an hour. Just curious because most laugh at $40.00 per man hour.
Mine is solo, and like Williams LC, I take my time. steady but I don't rush.

dfor
11-02-2006, 10:22 AM
Working solo, $60 an hour is easy to get doing leaf clean-ups.

Steeley
11-02-2006, 11:30 AM
I have 2 Red Max 8000 Blowers and 3 large echo blowers and have 2 little wonder walk behind blowers, every thing I do is fast I try not to touch a rake unless it will make it faster.

TNT LawnCare Inc.
11-02-2006, 02:30 PM
We charge 50-60- a man hour as well pretty much the same all over.

NNJLandman
11-02-2006, 04:04 PM
In our area its $35/per hour per man....most get the same for the vac too $35/per yard sucking leaves and dumping some raise the rate to about $45 an hour for the vac....just figure your overhead, $10 for the employee, $5 for gas $8 per yard dumped so your looking more

jsaunders
11-02-2006, 10:18 PM
60-65per hour PER GUY -$150 min. also charge for mowing- to much equip. to work for cheap- we work quickly and do a great job- we can do alot in 1 hr