PDA

View Full Version : MAHTS Registration now open...

Total Landscape Solutions
11-02-2006, 01:24 PM
Just spent some time looking at and trying to schedule classes I want to attend.

Who else is planning on going and what, if any, courses are you going to take.

westernmdlawn
11-02-2006, 06:56 PM
I think I'm going to try to go the MAHTS. This is where to learn the advanced construction techniques.

neversatisfiedj
11-02-2006, 07:19 PM
I have to see when that is because I had planned on going to National hardscape show in TN. Prob wont do both.

Mike33
11-02-2006, 09:37 PM
I think I'm going to try to go the MAHTS. This is where to learn the advanced construction techniques.
Good to see you in here Brian.
Mike

westernmdlawn
11-05-2006, 01:06 PM
Thanks Mike. Same to you. Do you ever do pavers? Also, I was thinking of putting tracks on my Bobcat as it has been particularly muddy lately - but was worried about tearing up or scratching asphalt driveways and wondered if they would help with traction for snow removal or if I would do better with them off? I understand that some of the track kits are available with rubber pads. That seems like it would be the way to go. :usflag:

Mike33
11-05-2006, 04:01 PM
Thanks Mike. Same to you. Do you ever do pavers? Also, I was thinking of putting tracks on my Bobcat as it has been particularly muddy lately - but was worried about tearing up or scratching asphalt driveways and wondered if they would help with traction for snow removal or if I would do better with them off? I understand that some of the track kits are available with rubber pads. That seems like it would be the way to go. :usflag:
No on pavers you learn them and ill send them all to you. Just give me the walls. Steel tracks is the way to go you wont get stuck and will tear up less. When you go to asphalt just take them off. Its takes me and andy 15 minutes or less.
Mike

neversatisfiedj
11-05-2006, 04:09 PM
Give me all of your patios Mike !! There is more profit magin and less problem doing pavements.

--Josh

westernmdlawn
11-05-2006, 10:03 PM
Thanks Mike - I'll take all the paver jobs you want to give up, and I'm sure I'll have walls to send your way too. So the tracks don't tear up the lawn as much? That would definitely be a plus. I got the pallet fork attachment for my S130 for skids of salt, blocks, etc. on jobs and at the shop. To my dissapointment, my machine isn't capable of lifting very many blocks - maybe a quarter of a skid. Oh well, its not too big of a deal for now.

Are you all ready for snow yet? I know we are getting ready for snow, and feel pretty confident that it won't be long now. We have enough work until the snow flies, but I really hope we have a good winter here for money. I have one really big project that I would like to get done soon before it snows, but its probably a 2 week job. Whatever happens, I'll be ready for it - it all makes money.

Baumer
11-12-2006, 06:19 PM
Gotta talk my boss into it TLS. Hope things are well in CT.

GreenMonster
11-12-2006, 06:38 PM
Where is MAHTS held? I can't find it on the internet.....

:confused:

chesie
11-12-2006, 07:34 PM
www.mahts.com

Jersey

Total Landscape Solutions
11-12-2006, 09:13 PM
It's all down hill from here, Baumer's in the house!!:waving:

EP Henry
11-13-2006, 08:34 AM
MAHTS is the only show dedicated to the contractor's construction and business development. There will be basic and advanced paver and wall construction classes, job estimating, business growth and development and a virtual interactive manufacturing theatre. In an industry with as much growth potential and competition as ours, continuing education and cutting edge performance will separate the men from the boys. Take the time and make the investment. The only thing you have to lose are your profits.