PDA

View Full Version : kenda tires

joeboy4
11-02-2006, 06:37 PM
I was looking at buying a set of kenda tires for my lazer z. They are half the price of carlisle. Or is the price to good to be true? How is the quality? They are grass masters suppose to be the same as turf master. :drinkup:

grass disaster
11-02-2006, 06:58 PM
where are you looking at buying them from. i want to see the prices .

i will be looking for a new set for my ZD for spring. one tire seems to be full of holes.

PLM-1
11-02-2006, 07:03 PM
I hated all of my Kenda tires. My 722 had Kenda bartreads that didn't seem to be up to par. They wore out quick and the traction wasn't quite as good as the Carlisle AT101. I have the Kenda turf tires on my 322, hate them as well. Across the tire isn't flat, it sorta looks like a U, like nothing touches in the middle. I have yet to see a kenda tire in 24x12x12 that isn't like that. That machine is going to AT101s in the spring, no more turf tires. Although, many people around here that run turfs love the carlisle turf masters. Just thought I would throw that in.

joeboy4
11-02-2006, 07:45 PM
mowpart.com

pugs
11-03-2006, 01:05 AM
My most recent experience with Kenda was on a Wright Stander. A customer brought a Kenda tire in for me to change out for him. So I did. He comes back later with the machine. Both tires say the same size on them, but there is a huge difference in diameter between the Kenda and the Carlisle on the other side. The Kenda was even at a higher pressure and still at least an inch or more shorter.

Just wanted to warn you guys buying online especially if you are not buying a set of them. You may end up with a mower riding a bit screwy if you only buy 1.

Envy Lawn Service
11-03-2006, 02:24 AM
I hated all of my Kenda tires. My 722 had Kenda bartreads that didn't seem to be up to par. They wore out quick and the traction wasn't quite as good as the Carlisle AT101. I have the Kenda turf tires on my 322, hate them as well. Across the tire isn't flat, it sorta looks like a U, like nothing touches in the middle. I have yet to see a kenda tire in 24x12x12 that isn't like that. That machine is going to AT101s in the spring, no more turf tires. Although, many people around here that run turfs love the carlisle turf masters. Just thought I would throw that in.

I'm still wanting to try the AT101's in a way although I've read so many conflicting reports.

Anyways... didn't know you got a 322D... how are you liking that machine?

JKOOPERS
11-03-2006, 02:59 AM
i have the kenda grasshoppers on my exmark tt and those tires are junk . i will have to change tires before next seaon and i have only had them for 6 months .

tomo
11-03-2006, 03:29 AM
hello, kenda tyres r ok ...
1/ u must match tyre to original equipment size .WARNING small tyres on mowers do vary in size ,mainly outside diameter.
EG many 18/9.5/8 and 18/8.5/8 are similar in size it really depends on the maker . I checked original equipment 4 my walker and the kenda tyres were the same size as carlisle o/d even after fitting .

tomo
ps how many hrs does every one get out of drive tyres 18,9.50 ,8 on walker lasted 1200hrs +/- 50 kenda kr500 turf

Mickhippy
11-03-2006, 10:22 AM

I dont think Ive agreed with anyone on here so much before. You nailed! Kenda "U" shape etc.
Im back on the AT101's and will probably stay there!
If I hadnt wasted so much money on trying to find the best tire, I might look at (spelled something like) Maxims. Similar to multi trac type's and have heard theyre ok. I think they come standard on Everide Warrior. They used to anyway.
But, I wasted enough time and money on bloody tires. Im sticking to the 101's!

PLM-1
11-03-2006, 12:32 PM
I'm still wanting to try the AT101's in a way although I've read so many conflicting reports.

Anyways... didn't know you got a 322D... how are you liking that machine?

I like the mower ok i guess, it's identical to the 722 except it's a mid deck. I just hate mid decks. It was cheaper and my help had always run mids so that's what i got. Thank god i don't run that machine often or I wouldn't be walking the next day, 722 = smoooooth. I'm going to put the LPs on it so maybe it will smooth out. Or i might just trade it off. Mid deck to mid deck, it rules, i'm just used to front decks. I ran a couple of other brands and I couldn't understand why anyone would buy either one after the GH. I won't name brand names, but they felt and looked very sub-par.