PDA

View Full Version : dump truck repair

M&N Maintenance
11-02-2006, 09:08 PM
Need help in getteing repair manual for a rugby dump. My 03 dump goes up but does not come down. any help would be thankfull.

FearThisDeere
11-03-2006, 06:11 PM
Have you checked the hydraulic fluid level? It is thick and milky? Have you flushed it recently?

dirthog
11-05-2006, 12:56 PM
If it only has power up checkand see that the breather in the other end of cylinder is not pulged also check the linkage on the controls

R.M Hanson
11-05-2006, 08:15 PM
Hi there. I'm very familiar with hydraulics, and control systems, but I need to know a little more about the pump system on you truck before I can help you much. I have 3 rugby hoists, one on each of my three trucks, and all of them are controlled differently. Is your pump electric, or pto driven? Is it run from a switch or electric control of some sort, or by a cable and knob? I would guess that you have a valve solenoid not working properly if it has electric valves, or the cable may have slipped in it's holder if it has manual valves. I have also seen hoists on dump bodies seize due to improper lubrication, so I hope that's not the case here. Let me know more about you control system and I'll be glad to help you in any way. I might even have the owners manual for them somewhere if I look hard.

M&N Maintenance
11-06-2006, 12:37 PM
It is electric pump that is controlled by a switch. I am able to jump up and down on the bed while it is up to bring the dump bed down. Any help would be great. Thanks Art

Hummer
11-06-2006, 03:47 PM
Maybe you could call Rugby and order the manual that you're seeking?

RUGBY MANUFACTURING CO.
515 1ST ST NE - INDUSTRIAL PARK
RUGBY, ND 58368
You may reach us via:
PHONE: 701-776-5722
FAX: 701-776-6235
EMAIL: sales@rugbymfg.com

FOR WARRANTY AND TECHNICAL INFORMATION, CONTACT:

Gene Burkhartsmeier 2425 gburk@rugbymfg.com

Good Luck.

start2finish
11-06-2006, 07:00 PM
is the dump power up and power down? or gravity down only.

there may be a loose or burnt wire stopping the down function. has it worked properly in the past?

R.M Hanson
11-10-2006, 11:07 AM
Hi Art, Any luck with your situation yet? I read that your dump box is power up, gravity down with an electric switch. When you push the down button are you hearing a pretty positive "click" of the solenoid opening the drop valve? If not try cleaning/replacing the wires on the valve. They are push on connectors and are susceptible to corrosion from the elements. I'd try cleaning those up and see if that helps. I have had a similar problem on my dump trailer. It's possible that the solenoid is bad as well, but I've only replaced one in ten years. Another possibility would be a safety check valve that is sticking. I haven't seen it happen on a dump, but on a forklift. They put a restrictor in the outlet of the lift cylinder to keep it from lowering to quickly while lowering a heavy load or a hose failure. Try the easy stuff first and see if that works. If you have any questions I could post some pictures of mine to help show you what to look for. Good luck

M&N Maintenance
11-10-2006, 07:50 PM
Thanks for the post I will try that tomorrow and will keep you posted. Art

gammon landscaping
11-12-2006, 12:35 AM
i just bought a dump trailer that had the exact same prolem so i rased the bad took the cylener off and the bed still stayed up....so it was just that the trailer had sat around alot and the hinges had rusted up. i tryed to grease them but they would not take so i took a tourch and heated the out side of the hinge and sprayed it with pb blaster and worked it up and down and got it freed up. always remember the simple stuff first. and always check everything you can with out buying parts first