PDA

View Full Version : Hustler Fastrak 52", uneven cut

ChalieKelly
11-02-2006, 11:13 PM
I am having touble with the cut of this lawnmower. When sitting on the lawnmower the right and center set of blades cut great; no complaints at all. Then there is the left set that cuts uneven every single time I use it. I sharpen the blades very frequently and have tried the regular blades alone, along with the regular blades doubled up with the wavy blades. Both ways cut great on the right and center sets, but the left set is awful and its driving me nuts. I am assuming it has something to do with the suction, but I dunno what is sold to fix it. If anyone has the answer to this please let me know, thank you..I understand it is not a top of the line machine, but I don't think it should be cutting even like this. I am just frustrated with it at this point.

mowerconsultant
11-06-2006, 11:39 AM
Have you had it back to your dealer? how old is it?
With the stock blades you should not have a problem, in fact we don't hear many complaints on the 52" FasTrak decks.
I would start by checking the deck level, pitch and the belt tension
Also check engine RPM's and install a new set of Hustler stock blades or Fusion's if you like.

Pj

ChalieKelly
11-06-2006, 06:56 PM
Its 2 years old and it was bought used. I have not yet had it to a dealer. I have had new blades on it and the blades can't be the problem. By checking the deck level your just saying measure the height of the deck off the ground, and pitch is the slope of deck I think(I'm fairly young and I'm trying to learn this stuff, I think i got the right idea, I'm just making sure). How would I possibly adjust the pitch? Adjusting the belt tension sounds like it could definitly be the problem, but if you could respond on the deck level and pitch questions I would really appreciate it.

Thanks,
Charlie

mowerconsultant
11-07-2006, 11:58 AM
Its 2 years old and it was bought used. I have not yet had it to a dealer. I have had new blades on it and the blades can't be the problem. By checking the deck level your just saying measure the height of the deck off the ground, and pitch is the slope of deck I think(I'm fairly young and I'm trying to learn this stuff, I think i got the right idea, I'm just making sure). How would I possibly adjust the pitch? Adjusting the belt tension sounds like it could definitly be the problem, but if you could respond on the deck level and pitch questions I would really appreciate it.

Thanks,
Charlie

E-mail me and I will e-mail you the owners manual that has the instructions in it to adjust the level and pitch.

Grass Kickin
11-14-2006, 10:30 AM
This could be due to something silly like tire pressure. Do that simple check before you send it in.

Winsurfer76
11-14-2006, 03:05 PM
This could be due to something silly like tire pressure. Do that simple check before you send it in.

That has happened to me before. My father borrowed my Fastrak and he "checked" the tires and saw they only had 10 psi. in them. He proceeded to air them up to the max psi (20+ psi). Next time I mowed, it noticed it was cutting and riding different. Checked my height adjustment, it was in the normal slot. Then I remembered he said he put air in the tires. Let a little air out, problem solved!

ChalieKelly
11-14-2006, 07:18 PM
Thanks a lot guys. I'm am done with that lawnmower for the year and I haven't gotten around to it yet, but I'll make sure its the first thing i check.

Thanks again