PDA

View Full Version : misting sytems

Mark B
11-02-2006, 11:28 PM
Ok this is way off of irrigation. I read in a trade magizine about the newest thing is installing those cooling misting systems in backyard areas. Is there anyone that has messed with this stuff before. Thanks

PROFESSORRAIN
11-02-2006, 11:39 PM
YEA MAN BAD AS i HATE TO SAY IRRITROL SELLS THIS SET UP THAT'S EASY AND PRETTY COOL. Did it for the kids around swings and slide,on the slide it looks like their drafting now they jump and get down so fast,glad they don't have bumpers.

Wet_Boots
11-03-2006, 08:01 AM
Cooling misters are mostly for the desert Southwest, with its very-low humidity allowing for more evaporation (and thus, cooling)

SprinklerGuy
11-03-2006, 09:18 AM
Yes..installed hundreds of them in Arizona....from the cheapie chuggers to the very high psi pump systems for fogging and making their pool look like it was full of dry ice.

Restaurants, high end residential.....good money, PITA, and heights.....

Az Gardener
11-03-2006, 09:42 AM
Thats the next addition to my backyard next summer. My Brother-in-law (also a LCO) has one in his yard but its not the typical above the patio install. He buried the feed lines and put the misters on short 14"-18" extensions around the turf so they blend with the shrubs and spit the mist out onto the turf. It works very well, he can drop the temp from the low to mid 100's down to the 78-82 range in about 30 minutes. When its over 110 or so it helps a little but the mist just evaporates too fast. It is better with lower humidity and I wouldn't waste your time with anything less than a high pressure pump.

They are not cheap but I think they will be the next option for landscapes in the next 5 years or so. A lot like Low Voltage lighting used to be 15 years ago. It was just an option at the end of a contract that maybe 20% of the customers went with. Today you wouldn't think of doing a landscape without lighting. I think tomorrows Custom design build LCO's will be doing misting systems on a regular basis too.

hoskm01
11-06-2006, 07:22 AM
They are quite popular here, and growing fast. A good copper system works best, and definetly have to have the pump @ 1000 psi or so for best atomization.

AZGardner, I like the idea of putting them in the shrubbery, clever way to hide and get the water at the right elevation. What brands does anyone install?

ECS
11-06-2006, 08:19 AM
Went to a bar that has them outside for the patrons.

SprinklerGuy
11-06-2006, 09:11 AM
A good copper system works best,

Objection your honor...this statement is opinion and conjecture.....

I actually prefer the stainless steel myself...and so do many other professional installers. ;)

hoskm01
11-06-2006, 11:14 PM
Havent seen too much stainless. Though I am intrigued... Whats the benefit and price diff? Ease of install same?

Mark B
11-13-2006, 04:38 PM
thanks for the input. But what about the name brand you installed. Did you make some $$ from it? Thanks again