PDA

View Full Version : Have a FLYER-Where do I put them?

XOFMOT
06-17-2001, 02:14 PM
Ok I got the flyer all made up...I know the areas I want to target, now I just would like to know WHERE on someones property do you place it? I know the mailbox is a no no, and in this area there are no newspaper holders?
Where to place them so they don't blow away and that the homeowner will find it?

Thanks!

dmk395
06-17-2001, 08:42 PM
Fold them up and place them between the flags and the actual box. Hell even put them in the box until you get caught. I did it for awhile, then the post office called and asked me to stop, which of course I did. The best bet though is the newspaper chutes.

Stonehenge
06-18-2001, 12:13 AM
You can buy quantities of cellophane bags with a hole in the top to go over a doorknob. They're a couple cents apiece when you buy a thousand or two.

I'd give you the name of the place I got mine from, but it was a couple years ago. But I found it by looking at plastic bags from retail stores. The bag mfgs will sometimes have their name on the bags.

LoneStarLawn
06-19-2001, 06:24 PM
dmk395...just touching the mailbox with a flyer is a no, no. Please do not give advice that is illegal.

XOFMOT
06-19-2001, 06:37 PM
Well, I guess I'll just stay away from the mailbox!

I like the idea that STONEHENGE said about the plastic bag route.

I wouldn't go to the extent of taping them to any part of the customers home either, just seems to tacky (no pun intended). Also don't like the idea of placing them " STUCK" into their front door, I know when it happens to me, I can't stand it when you open the door and something falls right to the ground!

Any other ideas out there? Thanks again to all who respond!

Volhunter
06-21-2001, 09:00 PM
Go to www.bagmart.com
They have good prices and good service.

KirbysLawn
06-24-2001, 10:01 PM
Should have knew it, a plastic bag web site. They got it all don't they!

lawnman_scott
06-29-2001, 09:34 PM
I saw something today that i may try. Two college age kids on roller blades, with like a backpack type thing in front, and they were delivering flyers door to door, and rolling them as they went to each house. If the houses are close together where you want to target, then this may work for you. Just have to find the college kids to do it for you.

gogetter
07-06-2001, 11:23 PM
Hmmm, I like the idea of the bag. I hadn't thought about that. With this method you could paperclip a business card to the flyer too. And you'd have a better chance of it staying dry if it were to rain.

MATTHEW
08-01-2001, 09:02 PM
If it is right on the front door, it will get picked up right away. If there is a screen door, simply roll it up and slide it in the handle. Regular doorknobs will require the bag. I know a lot of guys disagree with my approach, but I still think you get a better response. I have a slot on the flyer for a price for services. As I am walking from door to door I would check out the size of the lawn and figure a price. Then you can save a lot of time by not returning to the property later to give them a quote. Chances are the ones who call have basically made their decision. I did not do this last year, but since I am phasing out of maintenance and into treatments, I may be beating the bush next year!

LAWNGODFATHER
08-05-2001, 03:46 PM
In some areas it may be illegal to put a flier or door hanger any where at a residence

In some areas it may be illegal to put a flier or door hanger any where at a residence

You will have to check at the post office to find out where you will be able to put them

I worked for a sealing Co. once and we put door hangers up on doors in an area
The next thing we knew the post office sent us a bill for each house in the town no matter if we put one there

$2600 for postage

So my example shows you had better know your laws with the post office

LGF:blob1:

charlesw
08-09-2001, 03:14 PM
Has anyone tried postcards?

I'm making up some postcards to distribute instead of those standard boring flyers. 5000 color postcards will cost about $400, but I'm sure I can get a better deal by shopping around. I'll be able to place then on doors, or use them for bulk mailing.

LGF:
Sounds like they wanted to make some extra cash at your expense. I don't see how they could charge you for postage when they didn't provide a service. :mad:

MATTHEW:
I like your idea of including the price with the flyer. :) Weeds out the clients.
Also noticed your from Canton, that's my home town of 20 years.:jester:

LAWNGODFATHER
08-10-2001, 03:01 AM
Well Charles W

It is against the law to put any thing on a mailbox
And in the town that that was in itís against city ordinance to solicited biz in the town and the post office love that
They donít give any leeway on it either

LGF:blob1:

a1 lawncare
08-19-2001, 10:33 PM
thanks for the bagmart site, i'm ordering soon.

thanks again, keith