PDA

View Full Version : Weathermatic Smartline controller w/ Weather Station

DarkLotus
11-04-2006, 09:37 AM
How many of you have tried this and what has been your thoughts on it?

londonrain
11-04-2006, 09:54 AM
How many of you have tried this and what has been your thoughts on it?Over engineered for a homeowner but would be great for a service tech.

bumper
11-04-2006, 10:49 AM
Big push in So. Cal. using the smart controllers....come to find out our local water district used most of the money ear marked for home owner rebates to retro fit the school systems irrigation..

Says they spent roughly 85k on home owner installs..their cost approx. 120.00 per retro, seems low.

Bigger push on commercial sites for rebates that are still in effect for retrofittng and updating the entire system.

gusbuster
11-06-2006, 12:48 AM
I actually operate one on my own residence. Has been reliable so far and vs last year this time, can't say that I have seen any water savings yet as I have no figures yet to compare over a years use.

However, based on weekly review of program(checking what the run time per zone vs what was actually programmed) I can tell that I am saving some water, even with the crazy heat wave that we had in late June and July.

Kind of neat to fly over my area and within a 3 block radius of my house, I have one of the greenest lawns.

Now what gets me, the timer is less expensive than the weather module, go figure.

Would I recommend it to somebody, only if you are required by code to have one of the et\smart timers. I don't see the average homeowner doing the proper follow up that somebody in the trade would.
John