PDA

View Full Version : Business name ideas

MSS Mow
11-04-2006, 03:07 PM
I'm slowly expanding my business and would like to get away from my "McGuire Mowing" name that obviously just sounds like I mow lawns. I'd like to make the change this winter before I begin advertising and really expanding. In the past, I've always just been word of mouth.

I'd like something to the effect of McGuire Seasonal Services but another local LCO has the "Seasonal Services" already. So, I'd like some ideas that reflect a similar name but obviously not a rip off of my competition. I don't want to upset my competition or look like I can't be creative.

My primary services are mowing, cleanups, yard work, snow plowing, caretaking.

Any suggestions?

Runner
11-04-2006, 05:56 PM
Use the term "Outdoor Services" following your name. Though there are many names and titles you can give for this industry, I think for your name, this one (title)sounds the best.
Technically, this title would probably work well following MY name, too.

MSS Mow
11-05-2006, 05:57 AM
Use the term "Outdoor Services" following your name. Though there are many names and titles you can give for this industry, I think for your name, this one (title)sounds the best.
Technically, this title would probably work well following MY name, too.

That's a great suggestion! Thanks Runner! Why can't I be creative??? I'll never know. :confused: :confused: :confused: :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy:

J Hisch
11-05-2006, 03:50 PM
If mowing is 70 perecent of your income why not push it.. Then you cross sell your mowing accounts for the other outdoor work. I really dont want someone to just call me to shut off their irrigation system and not mow there lawn for the season. I want them to call me for lawn mowing and then sell them the Irrigation maintenace. or lawn care etc. Push where the bulk of your income comes from. Personally, customers might not understand outdoor services...

Uranus
11-05-2006, 04:03 PM
McGuires full service, landscaping or lawn care.

Runner
11-05-2006, 10:40 PM
The problem with "pushing" on something such as the mowing, is that at the same time, you are also inadvertantly selling yourself short by limiting yourself in thousands of peoples' eyes. This is something you don't want to do especially if you are to just draw more mowing (in this particular title's case) since mowing is without a doubt the LEAST lucrative operation out of the entire green industry.
The other, the full service suggestion,...sounds almost too much like a service repair facility.