PDA

View Full Version : pay scale

nvrstsfd23
11-05-2006, 03:07 AM
I am looking at a job position for a landscaping company that will make me in charge of running a mowing crew of 2 to 3 guys plus me and I will also be responsible for bidding on all of our contracts. If I to be paid hourly with a bonus on what bidding I get. What should I be looking for pay wise and how much commission should I expect from the bidding like 2 percent or what.

rodfather
11-05-2006, 07:45 AM
My 2 crew foremen for maintenance get $22.50 an hour plus some bennies. I personally do all the contracts and sales work. I don't think a one-time 2% bonus on new work is unreasonable...maybe even 5%.

As for any new work that my people get me, IMO that is just added job security and more employment hours.

nvrstsfd23
11-05-2006, 10:33 AM
yeah the 2 percent deal would be for the whole year work from the job I bid. So for example if I bid a job for grass cutting, mulch, fertilizer, snow removal, etc and all this added up to 60,000 dollar contract for the year I would get 1200$ from that account plus my hourly raise. So hows that sound or should I expect closer to 5%.

rodfather
11-05-2006, 10:39 AM
So hows that sound or should I expect closer to 5%.

depends on how grateful your employer is for you bringing in new work I guess