PDA

View Full Version : Ie7.0

cclllc
11-05-2006, 02:08 PM
What are your thoughts about the Internet exployer 7.0
I just downloaded it on 2 of my pc's.I am not sure about it yet.It is a little differant.

Josh.S
11-05-2006, 02:18 PM
junk..

its slow and has to many security issues,

i use firefox myself, and IE for things that firefox wont load right..

LindblomRJ
11-05-2006, 02:56 PM
I use firefox. Beats internet exploder every day.

VO Landscape Design
11-05-2006, 06:55 PM
Firefox here too. Less problems.

Jason Rose
11-05-2006, 07:20 PM
Iv'e thought of downloading firefox, but as I'm a long time IE user I'm not sure I may like the transition. Is there a lot different about it from IE? I understand that it helps a lot in stopping spyware and whatnot. From what I read you can have both on your PC and just open the one you want to use...

Billz
11-05-2006, 09:18 PM
I like IE 7.0. it took a week or so before I decided. The tabbed browsing takes some getting used to, but seems like a good idea now. I did shut the anti-phishing filter off and it sped pages up like they were with IE6...I was glad when I realized that! LOL

Josh.S
11-05-2006, 10:35 PM
Iv'e thought of downloading firefox, but as I'm a long time IE user I'm not sure I may like the transition. Is there a lot different about it from IE? I understand that it helps a lot in stopping spyware and whatnot. From what I read you can have both on your PC and just open the one you want to use...

It functions basically the same except you have Tabs, its faster at loading pages, it looks better, you can manage bookmarks better, you have a nice google search box on the top right, and it is more secure... you can have them both installed and use whichever you want, and you can set either of them to the default browser as you please..

Jason Rose
11-05-2006, 10:52 PM
Interesting... I was going to download firefox, but after trying 4 different download sites and not ONE of them allowing me to even click on the download now button, I give up! Iv'e never had any problem downloading any other program like that before... I wonder if IE somehow BLOCKS useage of firefox???

Luvs2Play
11-06-2006, 12:10 AM
To me, IE7 just looks like a cheap copy of firefox. Maybe in a couple years it will be caught up to where Firefox is now.

MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE
11-06-2006, 12:15 AM
I have been running opera for several years no problems.

Dirty Water
11-06-2006, 12:36 AM
FireFox 2.0 all the way.

Dirty Water
11-06-2006, 12:37 AM
Jason, try here:

http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/

topsites
11-06-2006, 10:49 AM
I've been using Firefox since their name was Phoenix, a bit buggy beta that was then as good as IE, if for no other reason than it was devoid of all those little extra advertising-related microsoft bugs.
I found I can tolerate a bug better so long it truly is a code bug, and not some cute little ad gimmick that didn't quite work out or never quite made it big (god help us if it did).

You don't see those funny underlined links in Firefox, as one example.

That big boy attitude is gone from Firefox, you just don't get it, you can even feel it when browsing.

There is one other thing: If your Internet Explorer crashes and I mean CRASHES where you're in Safe Mode and you have no more IE, guess what still works? Yup, Firefox does. Despite IE's Internet failure guarantees, you can still get on the Web with Firefox and do research to fix your problem.

I like Firefox a lot.

Jason Rose
11-06-2006, 07:19 PM
Jason, try here:

http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/

Thanks for the link Jon. I downloaded it this AM before heading out. Once I had it opened and running, right along side of IE, I honestly se NO difference at all. Heck even most of the stuff at the top like the stop, home, back, ect, is in the same order and looks similiar. I ran thru a few sites I frequent, don't see what all the hub-bub is about really.

And what are tabs? everyone goes on and on about the tab thing, yet I don't see it on there at all. I guess I have not explored all the menus at the top. I was glad that it imported my favorited list though, lol. Oh, as I type this i'm on IE, because I use hotmail, when I click on it, it automatically just opens my account using IE.