PDA

View Full Version : asv rc 30

mag360
11-05-2006, 07:53 PM
asv rc 30 advice

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We just priced this machine out and the dealer seems a little high.
Here's what they offered.

ASV RC 30 (demo) 20+hrs with cab and heat $20,900
4x1 bucket $2200
Auger drive $1500
6in bit $300
9in bit $370
30in bit $795
adapter (for full size attachments) $695

Total $26,760 before tax.

Has anyone gotten quotes for this unit? The attachments seem fair but the machine itself I expected a lower number on.

The original price for just the machine with the standard bucket was 21,500. I told him to swap to the 4in1 bucket and keep the price the same (about a $1600 difference) and recieved this quote with a note that the bes they can do is drop the price by $600 (thats not a real price drop because the standard bucket is worth $600 or so---seems dishonest) This price doesn't scare me but the fact that they aren't budging on a demo machine doesn't seem right.

I will be taking a trip from pa to florida this fall and can stop in any of the easternmost states for a good price/good dealer.

Also, is there an adapter available to mount mini skid attachments to this unit?

Thanks for any advice guys.

mag360
11-05-2006, 07:54 PM
Also does anyone have practical experience/advice on this machine. How is the footprint on a lawn. 2.5 psi sounds pretty impressive.

We were looking to go the toro dingo route but the faster ground speed and sit-down operation will be of more use to us for snow management.

Dealer is throwing in the dirt bucket to the deal now.
Attached Images

smalley360
11-07-2006, 11:53 PM
The price you paid seems prety good to me. I just bought my RC-30 last month new with the 4 in 1 bucket and brush cutter with front door for 29K but I live in Hawaii so they kill us on the shipping (figure an extra $1,000-$2,000 for s/h).
I love mine. I move it around in my 5ftx10ft dump trailer and it gets in very tight spots. It is quick and the only time you really do much turf damage is when you do a 180 turn so I try and make my turns wide if area allows. The suspension is nice but takes a little getting use to if you make sudden stops rocking back and forth for a second or two. Any more questions give me a shout. Let me know if you buy it and how you like it. I think I will start a thread to see how other RC-30 guys like theirs.

Aloha & good luck with what ever you get,

Keoni

mag360
11-08-2006, 05:51 PM
Thanks Keoni,

My salesman and I are working things out and it looks like we're getting close. I'll let you know if we finalize the deal.
Good luck with your machine, I bet its a real handy piece for working in sand.

mag360
11-16-2006, 11:03 PM
Bought it. We added a set of forks.
We priced out a new (0 hr) unit from another dealer and wound up saving about $2,000 buying the original demo unit with new warranty. Attachments should be here in 2 weeks.
Looking into a 7x14 low pro dump trailer now. Brand new for a pretty sweet price.
14,000 lb gvw twin rams + stow away ramps for $5000.

Thanks for the input smalley.

smalley360
11-26-2006, 07:12 PM
Any time KLC99! I hope you have as much fun with yours as I do mine.
I just got my new attachments for my 30 on friday. I got the backhoe attachment and 13" bucket as well as the Davco brush cutter. Yesterday was great fun playing with the backhoe. I dug a 150 ft water line trench and today will did a drainage ditch. I have not tried the brush cutter yet but can't wait.
I hope you had a great Thanksgiving!

Aloha,

Keoni