PDA

View Full Version : Software for easier billing

Joel B.
11-05-2006, 07:20 PM
Is there any software out there that will print multiple invoices to different customers with one "click"? Currently I am using Excel to keep track of the work I have done and transferring info to Word documents to mail out. I am sure there is a better way, just haven't had the time to research. I would like to be able to click on "Print Invoices" (or similar) and have the software print out 25 different invoices to 25 different customers automatically.

Thank you for any advice,

Joel B.

DanielCo
11-18-2006, 03:44 PM
We use The Service Solution by Practical Solution. Great software. Print invoices, marketing, keep track of lawn estimates for follow ups etc.

If you are really serious about growing a business, a good software to grow with I believe is vital.

Do a Google search for The Service Solution!

ECS
11-18-2006, 09:12 PM
Joel,
If you are using Excel, why are you transferring it to Word? Set them all up in one workgroup. For example, a workgroup for each month or billing cycle, one worksheet for each customer. When you want to print them out, hit print and then select entire workgroup, walk away and let them print. It will print everyone of them. Design a nice looking invoice in Excel and quite transferring it to word.

Team-Green L&L
11-18-2006, 09:30 PM
QXpress synced up with Quickbooks Pro is the only way to go for recurring accounts and one-time jobs all-in-one with payroll and taxes included. It's a nice invetment, but you'll sure get your money's worth of saved aggravation.

Gatewayuser
11-21-2006, 10:53 PM
I use CLIP but I am still trying to learn how to use it well.

gardenkeeper88
11-22-2006, 09:27 PM
Yep Qxpress & quickbooks Fantastic. i'm looking forward to using w/ snow this year. Also a neat feature i can put pics on my employees work orders.

Ric3077
01-03-2007, 06:52 PM
I use gopher...it could use some new features, I tink they are upgrading it but it works fairly well.

gardenkeeper88
01-03-2007, 07:10 PM
Just figured out a new feature w/ Qxpress. I Made a new template for routing and now im using it as a quick printoff for my customers paperwork that has to be left when chem apps are made. Woooo hoooo awesome. It really is paying for itself.

Tim Wright
01-03-2007, 08:39 PM
I use Clip and QB also.

Tim

GrassBustersLawn
01-13-2007, 12:03 PM
I use Quick Books PRO. It makes BILLING a SNAP. It also is useful in Budgeting & Planning. You can look at your business from just about any angle & compare this year to last, etc. All very useful.

I had CLIP but never was able to figure it out. Got little to NO help from CLIP people. They DO MANAGE TO CALL ME EVERY YEAR to try and get me to sign up for the 2 hours worth of phone support for $250.

Mike

twj721
01-14-2007, 12:04 PM
What about GRA$$ Landscaper Billing do not know anything about it just got letter in mail from them Sat . their web site is www.obexdata.com

Duekster
01-17-2007, 02:02 PM
QXpress synced up with Quickbooks Pro is the only way to go for recurring accounts and one-time jobs all-in-one with payroll and taxes included. It's a nice invetment, but you'll sure get your money's worth of saved aggravation.

I moved from Quicken to Quick books recently. Both are relatively hard for non-accounting types. I want QB to track invoices and sales tax. Sales tax is a real PITA because the different cities and what not.

I paid an advisor to do the basic set up for me and to show me how to set up the sales tax. It was worth wild. Invoices are now part of that because that is where the sales tax is generated. If I am not sadly mistaken QB can generate the invoices on a schedule.

The other reason for QB is the pay roll and pay roll taxes.

One of the things that often kills me is job costing. I just found out one of the bigger irrigation companies allows me to go on-line and down load invoices into QB. This will help me with job costing on irrigation supplies, all I have to do is give them a job code when I order.

What does this QXpress? How would it help me.

I am still relatively small but I want to invest in a system so I can manage it before I grow. :cool2: I believe it will help me grow too.

gardenkeeper88
01-18-2007, 09:57 AM
Qxpress (www.qxpress.com) this is the routing, scheduleing emplotee time tracking job time tracking,costing The rest of the numbers game for your biz. Check out the web site and even give them a call and talk to them> if you think you can use this (most all companies can use this or 1 like it) try the free demo. Threr is a lot of software out there & I spent 2 winters looking and demoing before I put out the $ & I chose QX. I have not been sorry> I have used it 1 Full year just using the Scheduling and tim tracking part, ( a couple other areas too) the first year Now this year I'm tackling the Job costing and inventory part. For me all the programs were too much to learn while being an operater in my biz as well. But I'm real happy. Cost is up there but it is on all the top ones I was demoing. Like I said it has been worth it to me.

What does this QXpress? How would it help me.

I am still relatively small but I want to invest in a system so I can manage it before I grow. :cool2: I believe it will help me grow too.[/QUOTE]