PDA

View Full Version : Fastrak muffler

cranesrule
11-05-2006, 09:12 PM
PJ,

I need to know if he muffler on the 2006 2052 Honda is an oem Honda muffler or if it is a Hustler product. I have narrowed down my strange noise to the muffler itself, and I have a friend at a Honda engine dealer that can do the warranty work for me as long as the muffler is their product and not Hustler's. Thanks in advance for the info.

Mark

mowerconsultant
11-06-2006, 11:51 AM
It is a muffler we install, not a Honda branded muffler.
Have you talked to your Hustler dealer about it?

Accu-cut Lawn Care
11-06-2006, 08:00 PM
I also had a strange noise coming from the muffler of my 2352 z. As it turned out, I had leaned the muffler cage on a bush or something. I pried it back to its normal position to fix it...Are you having the same problem?

cranesrule
11-06-2006, 08:41 PM
No, I haven't talked to them yet but I guess I will bring it in to a local dealer when I can get access to a trailer.

Mark

Inman's lawn care
12-12-2006, 11:52 AM
I also had strange noises from the muffler of my 2352.

Then the muffler gaurd fell off.

cranesrule
12-14-2006, 08:38 PM
Yeah, I took it in to the dealer to check it out and they decided to change the plugs and attempt to give it a yearly service instead of checking out the muffler like I asked. The guy said one plug was fouled and the unit was running on one cylinder when I brought it in. What a joke. Totally untrue, and if the invoice is correct he even used the wrong plug when he replaced it. I'll let the guard fall of mine before I bring it back to the dealer. I'm tired of spending time and gas lugging it back and forth for them to screw it up and not do what I asked. This is the second Hustler dealer to do something that could potentially damage my machine.

homemower
12-16-2006, 08:37 PM
sorry to hear about your bad dealer experience mine also fouled the plugs badly but the right dealer WILL fix your problem I now use 1/3 less fuel after
they adjusted the carb and aligned the choke cable your Hustler dealer is your friend he IS your best connection between Hustler and you becomming a very satisified customer Hustler WILL do more than any mfg. unquestionably
you don't have take my word for this read this board there is tons of people
with problems resolved even if it took more than 1 dealer to do it
If I were you I would send your problem to pj and see for youself Hustler will do its best to make you a happy owner Iam and so are lots more

cranesrule
12-19-2006, 10:14 PM
The problem I had is that the mower was NOT running on one cylinder when I brought it in like the dealer stated. I brought it in for the muffler only. He had replaced the plug (with the wrong one, no less) without calling to let me know. So when called to see if I could pick the machine up, he says "Well, I had to order an air filter and I haven't gotten to the blades yet." All I wanted was warranty service on the muffler, not a yearly service. I never asked for ANY of that to be done. I do my own maintenance. So when I went to pick the mower up, I have a bill for $22 for replacing one spark plug with the incorrect plug and no one ever looked at the muffler. That is BOGUS. Now I feel like I don't have a decent place to get warranty service on my machine.