PDA

View Full Version : Topcon or CST

JCinTx
11-06-2006, 10:34 PM
Anyone have any first hand opinions on which is the better quality laser level, topcon or cst? Iím looking at the rl-h3c or cst lm800,Ö.probably couldnít go wrong with either, but figured Iíd get some opinions since I have no experience with lasers. Iíve been using transits but am hoping the laser will be more efficient. Main purposes for use are lawn renovations, drainage, and hardscapes. Thanks for any insight!

JCinTx
11-12-2006, 11:38 AM
Ö.uummm, surprised no had an opinion on either. Well, after doing my research, decided to go with the topcon. I called several warranty/calibration shops and it was stated that the cst had more calibration issues. I also ran across another laser, rugby 100, manufactured by Leica, it appears to be a very well made laser, and can supposedly be dropped and not lose itís calibrationÖ.hence the name rugby!!, the cost on it is ~$1300 from what Iíve been able to find out. Anyway, hereís the site for the rugby, http://www.leica-geosystems.com/corporate/en/ndef/lgs_4294.htm, if anyone trys it, let us know how it performs.
JC