PROFESSORRAIN
11-08-2006, 02:27 AM
Anybody close to Columbus,Ga.

DeepRoots
11-08-2006, 08:37 AM
not too close. I'm between Tifton and Waycross. on hwy 82

PROFESSORRAIN
11-08-2006, 11:14 AM
I used to go to waresboro to the hog bay.Who are you buying from down there.

DeepRoots
11-08-2006, 03:45 PM
if you mean supplies, theres a local joint, "Coley Electric" out of Douglas Ga is good. I like small town companies.
I also like this company on account of them catering to electricians and plumbers.... as such they have all kindsa stuff on hand.

United Irrigation, out of Quitman Ga, is an excellent company. They are a little heavy on rainbird products, and thier pricing depends on who you get ringing you up (which I hate). They are an irrigation only company, so thats what you'll get there.

For drip supplies, there is a little nursery called "Wade's Blueberry Farm" out near Alma Ga that has the absolute cheapest prices. It's a lil out of my way, but the prices are 60% of anyone elses. As such I do a quarterly run out there and spend a bunch of bills.... never hurts to have a ton of drip fittings and the like on hand anyway.

I am a one man company (most times) and have a pretty wide range, so I often buy depending on my work area.
If I have a ton of jobs lined up, I may buy some parts online... hard to beat those $8.75 pgp deals with free shipping.
I work from west of Tifton, to St Simons Island, the border of Fl, to nearly Macon.

Drew

PROFESSORRAIN
11-08-2006, 08:02 PM
I hate to ask but have you ever done any buisness w/ central irrigation supply
either bonaire or valdosta store.I use to be a manager for the columbus store.
You can get pgp's for less w/ them if you buy plus other rebates.www.centralirrigationsupply.com hit me up if i can help.

DeepRoots
11-09-2006, 09:18 PM
i've seen them, just never went there.
might someday in the future... just the same, I find the benefits of spending alotta money with a small business is often benefitial :-)