PDA

View Full Version : breaker on a small excavator

Bill Eh
11-09-2006, 07:15 AM
Has anyone had experience using a breaker on a small excavator. I have a Kubota 2 ton mini and I was wondering if that is too small to effectively use a breaker. I'd be using it with a compacting head as well as a breaker. I'm also concerned that it will shake my machince to pieces. The other part of this questiion is ... Is there such a thing as an attachment that i can use with a breaker to turn it inot a T-bar driver.

xcopterdoc
11-10-2006, 10:20 PM
If the machine is plumbed for aux on the boom... then they should make a small hammer to fit it. Most, if not all breakers are cyclic.. meaning you hammer, for say 45 seconds, let it cool and rest for 30 seconds, hammer again for 45, rest 30. You can not hammer for ever. A hammer really heats up the hyd fluid. When it over heats, you blow seals and lines and valve bodies. And yes,,, it will shake yur machine to pieces. As far as a t post driver head... never seen one but I guess something could be made.

RockSet N' Grade
11-10-2006, 10:40 PM
I was talking with an excavator buddy of mine in Calif. yesterday about breakers and a new crusher he just bought.
He was telling me that if you are doing any amount of breaking you should have an auxillary hydraulic cooler installed because (as xcopterdoc said) you are going to create excessive heat. Also, so you don't beat the machine to pieces with the breaker you should also install an accumulator to help dampen out the vibration.

Bill Eh
11-11-2006, 10:29 AM
Thanks! Bill