PDA

View Full Version : Chamber of Commerce Members?

LawnBrother
11-09-2006, 03:41 PM
Just curious as to who here is a member of your local Chamber of Commerce. What are some of the advantages you have seen from being a member, or disadvantages, if any?

ACutAbovesiny
11-09-2006, 04:49 PM
2006 Member of the Staten Island Chamber of Commerce. The advantages are networking disadvantages are junk mail.

POPO4995
11-09-2006, 05:36 PM
Plan on joining in January 2007....has its benefits if you have the time to go to all the little breakfasts, lunches, banquets, etc. I will be the only lawn maintenance company member when I join, and i'm planning on using that little edge when bidding on work....:clapping: :clapping:

olderthandirt
11-09-2006, 05:44 PM
Main benefit-cheaper ins. rates by far.

grandview (2006)
11-09-2006, 05:49 PM
Same thing here. You get to meet people and get some new business. Don't forget to use the other members in the chamber they can help you save money both business and personally, people get made because they think they don't make any money off the other members, but if you count what the other members save you it's just like making money.

Lawnmasters
11-11-2006, 08:29 AM
When our Chamber of Commerce built a new office building, we were the only Landscaping Company in town that was a member. We got the contract to Landscape & Sod the Property, then maintenance for 2 years. The Chamber asked for Donations from all the businesses in town to build the building, we donated a year's maintenance on the property. They put a Wall of Thanks in front of the building, nice granite piece with all the names of everyone who donated. The combination of doing the project, being a member, name on the wall, etc. has brought us a fair amount of business. When a new comer to town calls them and asks for a referral for Landscaping the Chamber gives the names of Members.

tuscanvalleylandscaping
11-12-2006, 07:17 AM
You can't go wrong with being a member. I have picked up lots of accounts since I joined. Our chamber has a great web site which helps alot because 80% of my clients are second home owners.