PDA

View Full Version : Auxillary Coupler For Attachments

dozerman21
11-10-2006, 08:04 AM
Do any of you know who sells a coupler that will let me use the same attachments for our Deere CT332 and our Case 1845C? The Deere has the newer "flat-face" fittings, and the Case has the "ball-type" fittings. My Deere dealer has them for around $100 each, but there has to be someone who sells them for cheaper than that. I'm going to call Case but I doubt they'll be much better.

Scag48
11-10-2006, 01:30 PM
You'd be hard pressed to find cheap couplers, althought I paid $75 for a set of couplers from an attachment dealer. Actually, give these guys a call www.skidsteersolutions.com I don't know if the coupler on your Deere is the same as our Cat 277B, but I got a set for about $75 shipped to me in a couple days from these guys. It would be worth a shot, anyway.

RockSet N' Grade
11-10-2006, 06:33 PM
Get out the Indy yellow pages and look for hose products, the hose man, hydraulic hoses.....something like that. There are guys who specialize in nothing but hoses and fittings and will make you up anything or combo that you need at a reasonable price.

dozerman21
11-10-2006, 08:52 PM
Thanks guys. I think I'll order some from the website that Scag gave, if I can't find any on ebay. That's half the price that guys around here want for them.

SinjonAssociates
11-10-2006, 11:35 PM
RockSet N' Grade has the idea, 1/2 the price or less and instant gratification. I have had to replace hoses before and the local hydraulic shop was much less than my dealer.
George

janb
11-11-2006, 03:26 AM
What about surpluscenter? Lincoln, NE? Can't beat their hose, cyl, & pump prices if you can find something that fits your needs. 1-800-488-3407

My local supplier, (premier Rubber) in Portland, OR was much cheaper than SSS, (I think $44 vs $75 for flat coupler set) especially, when I offered to pick them up from jobber, which was much closer to me. Sounds like you are looking for an 'adapter' anyway, (Ball to flat) so you will need to make it from components. Remember to 'upsize' when using ball for greater flow/less heat

RockSet N' Grade
11-11-2006, 05:13 PM
The guys I use here for hoses are awesome. I take my machine and pull into their parking lot and they come out and measure and fit and make me hoses right there on the spot. If I need a hose at night or late Saturday or anytime Sunday....they charge $50 extra to show up, but will stay with you until the fitting or hose is fixed. I can't give you exact pricing, but when I first shopped around they were 40-50% less than dealer and used Gator hose and Parker fittings or others if you wished. Find a local guy for hoses and fittings.