PDA

View Full Version : Loegering Versatile Track system on a cat 268

MikeAtv
11-10-2006, 09:51 PM
I went to my to my Cat dealer today and was talking to a salesmen about putting a Fecon on a 287. I asked him about how long the tracks will last if i start mulching brush fulltime.He said that i would be better off going with a 268 with a Loegering track system. What do you guys think?

CarterKraft
11-11-2006, 03:48 PM
We generally run a 268 with over tire tracks on foam or sealant filled tires. I couldn't say how 287 would do since we haven't ever done one for cutting.

I would think the VTS system would be a good match if suspended rubber tracks were your goal, however they will still be susceptable to damage.

Scag48
11-12-2006, 05:13 PM
A VTS system in that application would be pointless. Buy Nu-Air or Cat's new tires that are like Nu-Air's and put steel tracks on it. Best setup for mulching, period. Tires don't have any air and can't be punctured and you have steel tracks for the traction you need.

MikeAtv
11-15-2006, 04:31 PM
What about ground clearence with tires? Thats one of my main conserns.

Scag48
11-15-2006, 08:54 PM
You will actually gain about an inch or so of ground clearance with tires and steel tracks. The ground clearance gain, if there is any at all, with the VTS system isn't worth $15K initial investment and new tracks every couple of years.