PDA

View Full Version : My Leaf Setup

KS_Grasscutter
11-11-2006, 08:01 PM
Here are some pictures of my leaf setup for this season (well, this weekend anyway, as the landfill was closed for vet. day). The Ranger and trailer are mine, the Dodge is Dad's, and the smaller trailer belongs to LS member Jason Rose. I drove the Dodge and a frined of mine (who has had basically now driving experience, and NONE with a trailer) drove my Ranger and leaf trailer. Ok, I know it was dumb letting..errrr... making him drive with the trailer, but i did show him how first, and he has rode with me quite a bit when pulling a trailer.

The leaves there on the trailer came from two lawns, but some are bags of leafs that the homeowner had picked up and i said i would haul of for $25. I underpriced most of my cleanups so far too, but this is my first season really doing cleanups "right".

Anyway, here are the pics. I know that it aint no C70 with a leaf loader, but I get by.

KS_Grasscutter
11-11-2006, 08:02 PM
another one

KS_Grasscutter
11-11-2006, 08:03 PM
another....

KS_Grasscutter
11-11-2006, 08:05 PM
the last pic. I REALLY wish i took a picture of the last lawn we did today, as it turned out near perfect. Oh well.

EDIT- oh, wait, 1 and 4 are the same thing. Oh well.

zimbobthelandscaper
11-11-2006, 09:04 PM
looks good KS but one question wouldnt u tow the bigger trailer with the dodge? since that kid had no experience

grassmanak
11-11-2006, 09:14 PM
how much does it cost to dump the leaves from the trailer??

KS_Grasscutter
11-11-2006, 09:23 PM
looks good KS but one question wouldnt u tow the bigger trailer with the dodge? since that kid had no experience

Well, for one, I wanted to tow the borrowed trailer to be sure it DID NOT get boogered up, and for two, there is not really that much differance (2ft). I bet the weight is actually heavier on the smaller trailer, as the equipment i am sure weighs more then the leafs.

how much does it cost to dump the leaves from the trailer??

It is FREE! We can take ANYTHING to our county landfill and dump for free. It is VERY nice. And if it wasnt free, I would just charge my customers what the dump fee would be, plus some, and just dump it on some of our fields at the farm and work it in in the spring.

zim bob the landscaper
11-12-2006, 11:53 AM
o i see thanks.

DBL
11-12-2006, 02:55 PM
hey as long as you get the job thats what counts looks good

duke99
11-12-2006, 03:06 PM
i wouldnt leave the load handler on the back of the ranger for too long .. it'll rub the paint off ..

zim bob the landscaper
11-12-2006, 04:22 PM
i wouldnt leave the load handler on the back of the ranger for too long .. it'll rub the paint off ..
also somtimes they fall off.

KS_Grasscutter
11-12-2006, 07:33 PM

Actually... That has already began happening. It isn't real bad yet, but it is noticable.

J&R Landscaping
11-12-2006, 09:07 PM
You should build some sides for the trailer to make the carring capacity larger. JMO

Looks good though.