PDA

View Full Version : First Bee sting of the season.

Chip
06-19-2001, 08:11 PM
While trimming some bushes today I hit a small hornets nest. One sting on the middle finger with minor swelling. Not looking forward to yellow jackets I get a nasty reaction to those. This is just a reminder to everyone to keep your first aid kit handy.

Toroguy
06-19-2001, 10:14 PM
Chip,
Worst part of this biz is the buzz. I also have a reaction to the stings. Not a fun time. I had two dogs attack me this season, ripped my shirt and pants pretty good, glad I wasnt wearing shorts. All I know is I was happy they werent yellow jackets.

VLM
06-19-2001, 10:22 PM
Already had 5!! I mark them on my schedule book to keep count. All time record was 16 stings 2 yrs ago. Never go out without a can of hornet spray.

geogunn
06-19-2001, 10:38 PM
chip..."I feel your pain" (say it like bill clinton)! I have already sprayed one hornets nest. it eas about 4 inches in diameter. it was the same kind that gets to about 2 feet across by the end of the summer.

GEO

lawnboy82
06-19-2001, 11:21 PM
i got my first sting for the year a week or two ago. usually it takes about 2 or 3 for me to start noticing it. my friend though, when i used to help him out. if we found a hornet's nest in the lawn, out came the gas and the lighter from the truck. daytime fireflies lol

David Gretzmier
06-19-2001, 11:22 PM
no stings yet, but poison IVY...yuck. me and calamine lotion had a 2 week relationship. Dave g

joshua
06-19-2001, 11:30 PM
when i get stung, i have to give myself a shot and go to the er. not fun at all.