PDA

View Full Version : New Mower

Grass Chopper
06-20-2001, 12:52 PM
I am just starting a Lawn Service Company and am overwelmed with all of the different mower brands. Does anyone have any recomendations as to which mowers seem to be best? I will be starting with a 60 inch rider. So if anyone has any recomendations for a 60 inch rider I would appreciate it. I have looked at Cub Cadet, Bob-Cat, Bunton, Exmark and John Deere.

jcoat
06-20-2001, 06:18 PM
Here goes... Goto the 'search' button on the banner and type in each of the names you mentioned. It will be difficult to find one thread that covers all; however, you can do them individually and compile the information.
As far as the mowers listed, Exmark probably will fare the best "search-wise" in the list of mowers you mention... I personally know the Exmark works well, but don't have access to the others in my area.
Btw, I use a 52" Exmark Lazer Z, 23HP Kawasaki and it's a well-built, fast, great cutting machine. It was bought last spring @ the home and garden show for $6,700.
In the end, you might test cut w/ each machine and let that determine your decision. Also, think about the real-world and how you will use the mower. If you'll be doing cleanups, a Walker might be best; speed, probably Exmark or Dixie Chopper. I will say the equipment's important, but if you don't have solid dealer support for breakdowns and parts, then it's all for not if you can't provide customer service.
Good luck!

awm
06-20-2001, 07:20 PM
THE EXMARK LAZER WILL PROBABLY GIVE YOU AS GOOD A MACHINE AS YOU CAN GET.YOU MIGHT ALSO LOOK AT THE HUSTLER AND SEVERAL OTHERS.
LET THE DEALERS KNOW INDIRECTLY THAT YOU ARE BUYING AND LOOKING AT SEVERAL.YOU MAY FIND ONE THATS NEEDING A SALE BAD. GOOD LUCK

Eric ELM
06-20-2001, 09:01 PM
Grass Chopper, to make this search easier, go to my website by clicking on the flashing gif below, click on Lawnsite Links and all the main mower company's are there with thousands of replies to questions. There are 76 topics there and lots of these topics have over 100 threads which means thousands of posts.

Welcome and Enjoy Lawnsite

ihred
06-21-2001, 12:31 AM
I would go with the Deere. Service, reliability, and dealer network have sold me on their products. For a 60" rider I would look at the F735 60" commercial and diesel. Good set up. Don't forget the tricycler Mulching kit

CDP
06-21-2001, 04:04 PM
Hello, my name is Chris and I'm brand new to this board. I happen to be "Grass Chopper's" brother. Unfortunatley, he has a bad case of tendonitis and has thus been unable to respond. Therefore, on behalf of him, I'd like to thank you all for your assistance and your kind words of encouragement. I'm sure that we'll be visiting this site often and we appreciate your input.

Take care

TFL
06-21-2001, 08:06 PM
Grass Hopper or John deere. the best grasshopper ztr 28 horse kubota diesel with 60 deere ztr 25 gas kolher with 60:)

Dave
06-21-2001, 10:19 PM
good dealer support is the key, as without it the name means nothing,whether its made by toro to lesco ,with out that support you could be down for a long time

Eric ELM
06-21-2001, 10:21 PM
Since you have checked a few out, keep looking around and check out the rest too. Go down to the Expo in Louisville and see and try them all out.

I used to run with the Deeres, but now I fly with the Choppers. :)

Since your name is Grass Chopper, I would of guessed you already had a Dixie Chopper. Demo them all, this is the best way. See what fits your needs.

Fine Lines Lawn
06-21-2001, 11:49 PM
Demo several, then after you decide, I'm sure you'll love your new Dixie Chopper.

Did that sound biased?