PDA

View Full Version : Pick Up Truck Billboard

mark_the_psycho
11-14-2006, 09:34 AM
I want to make a small billboard to put in the back of my truck. It needs to look good, this is where I need some help, I tend to make things that are functional, not things that look good. My dad says that if it doesn't look good, I can't keep it in my truck (he's afraid one of our neighbors will complain about it). Any ideas?

fortdan
11-14-2006, 04:50 PM
I don't think a billboard is a good idea. Won't it take up the space in the back of your truck. :confused:

topsites
11-15-2006, 09:04 AM
The best ones I see are professionally made...

I dunno the exact details but usually several hundred dollars, and attached flat to the back of the trailer gate so anyone following can see.

Lawnworks
11-15-2006, 03:51 PM
I think wrapping the truck in vinyl w/ your company colors and logo would be a great way to advertise. It would set you apart from every other Johnny w. a truck or trailer sign Probably cost 1.5-2k though.

mike lane lawn care
11-15-2006, 08:42 PM
You could always give it a try, magnetic signs are also good. do you have access to a computerized wood shop at school? Plywood is good, and you can make it so that it folds down when not in use.

I made a sign out of wood that i can stick in the ground or attach to the trailer. It is 2'x3' has graphics and all m information carved into it. I cut it out on the ShopBot CNC router we have at school, and had an art student paint it, looks great. i'll have to get some pictures of it up, looks like i had it custom made by a company.