PDA

View Full Version : Becoming a Certified Landscape Professional

Rdizzle79
11-14-2006, 11:27 AM
Hey Everyone,

In the State of Georgia they call it a GCLP or Georgia Certified Landscape Professional. It is a test offered through the Georgia Green Industry Association. I was wondering if anyone here has taken this test and if there was a study guide?

Thanks,

Chris

JFGLN
11-14-2006, 09:20 PM
I am not a member, but you might want to check out PLANET.

http://www.landcarenetwork.org/cms/home.html

New2TheGreenIndustry
01-30-2013, 08:17 AM
It's been awhile since the last post here. Anyone go through the Georgia Certified Landscape Professional(GCLP) lately? I was enrolled last fall, but the class was canceled in Athens. You can do a self study, but I absorb material better while sitting in a class.

JeffInTexas
01-30-2013, 12:33 PM
I'm doing the self study right now. Looks like it is a 2 part, hands on and multiple choice. I tried to take the multiple choice part on Jan 23rd but it was full.

OP- Type GCLP study guide into google, and you can get one for $35 I believe. It is a lot of information to absorb and the best advice I've gotten so far is read the study guide cover to cover because the test itself is nothing like the quizzes after each chapter. Memorize the plants and diseases, also. Good luck!

Edit- Didn't realize how old this was!

New2TheGreenIndustry
01-30-2013, 11:53 PM
How long have you been studying? What does the hardscape section cover?

jsslawncare
01-31-2013, 07:55 AM
2006- I wonder if he ever passed it?

JeffInTexas
01-31-2013, 05:37 PM
How long have you been studying? What does the hardscape section cover?

About 4 weeks now.

Hardscape touches on different types of pavements, wood and design. Concrete, asphalt concrete, precast pavers, wood materials, deck framing, deck post sizes, beam sizes and spans, joint sizes, deck plank sizes, hand rails, steps, over head structures, retaining walls. It's a pain in the butt.