PDA

View Full Version : Mp3000

IRRITECH
11-14-2006, 08:59 PM
Designed this zone for the 3000 because of the beautiful pictures PH had showing them and those strategically positioned heads. Anyway, @ $4.61/rotator + the 1806, I think I'll Stick to rotors.

MP3000 @26' , 60 psi

Dirty Water
11-14-2006, 09:18 PM
Must have been a bugger getting pipe under that "stamped" concrete without messing it up.

Multi Stream style heads look so much better in motion than they do in a fixed picture.

Your cost should be around $9 for the MP and the 1806, thats pretty close to rotor price.

Az Gardener
11-14-2006, 09:26 PM
I have used a lot of the Mp rotators and they work great for me. Yours look like they are under too much pressure. I think you only want to be at 30-40 psi but I should probably read the spec sheets.

The first ones I put in I called the rep because they were not throwing far enough, he advised me to turn down the flow control on the valve and as the pressure came down they began to throw farther and not mist up so much.

IRRITECH
11-14-2006, 09:27 PM
My guys get under sidewalks, concrete paths, etc, reall quick, they don't particularly like it but they do a great job at it.

My rotor price (RB 5004) is less than $7, at $2 more per head it looks pretty but hard to justify.

irritation
11-14-2006, 09:30 PM
I think I'll Stick to rotors.

Me too. I picked up a new account today that is using those and the customer said they suck. I've never installed any but they look like serviceman's nightmare.

I get to rezone the system and install the correct heads next spring.

Dirty Water
11-14-2006, 09:37 PM
My guys get under sidewalks, concrete paths, etc, reall quick, they don't particularly like it but they do a great job at it.

My rotor price (RB 5004) is less than $7, at $2 more per head it looks pretty but hard to justify.

How are you liking those 5004's?

I'm so satisfied with the PGP that its going to take a lot more than a $3 saving to get me to switch.

Are your guys going to pay for the broken lamp fixture?

Me too. I picked up a new account today that is using those and the customer said they suck. I've never installed any but they look like serviceman's nightmare.

Why do they suck? Your the first person to dislike them.

And if you want a service man's nightmare, try the Toro 300 series streamrotors.

MProtorators look the same without having to change out adjustable arc discs...and apparently they don't clog and stop spinning like the 300's.

IRRITECH
11-14-2006, 09:43 PM
Love the PGP's. The 5000's are fine heads. Run into a few issues right out of the box on occasion but for the most part they're fine. Haven't used a Rainbird head since the T-Birds puked years ago. They have a few perks I like, the adjustable left stop being one of them. Salesman talked me into trying them this year and I get my Rainbird points on them, so why not. My wife likes a free vacation every couple of years.

irritation
11-14-2006, 09:51 PM
Like I said, I've never installed any and the customer said they sucked.
I've never cared for the Toro 300 either or most any Toro irrigation products.
All I did was winterize the system but none of them were rotating and the coverage looked like it would be horrible.

Az Gardener
11-14-2006, 09:52 PM

I get to rezone the system and install the correct heads next spring.

If they suck it is because they were not installed correctly. Too much pressure or the lines not flushed out well. They also take considerably longer to put out an inch of water, it may be as simple as programming the controller correctly.

As A professional it is your responsibility to be knowledgeable about the products out there and do what is best for the client not what is easiest for you. Sprinkler heads here get more use in one year than you will in five. I installed some 3 years ago and have not had the first problem with them. I have also installed several systems since then and retrofitted many other spray systems that were poorly designed (too many heads on a line)

The correct heads were installed but by an uneducated contractor. Apparently there is a shortage in Indiana.

IRRITECH
11-14-2006, 09:56 PM
Are your guys going to pay for the broken lamp fixture?

I can fix it, my dad has a killer set of tools.

Dirty Water
11-14-2006, 09:57 PM
Irritech, why is there only 2 heads on that zone?

Hardly looks like head to head.

While I'm at it, if I ever saw any of my guys lean patio furniture up on a fence like that, I'd be mad. It looks unprofessional.

irritation
11-14-2006, 10:04 PM
The correct heads were installed but by an uneducated contractor. Apparently there is a shortage in Indiana.
You got that right. Most are landscapers that know nothing about irrigation.

IRRITECH
11-14-2006, 10:10 PM
What??? Are you guys to young for "Fast Times At Ridgemont High"

Hank Reardon
11-14-2006, 10:46 PM
What??? Are you guys to young for "Fast Times At Ridgemont High"

I just got to camp! You guys were too fast on the thread today.

PurpHaze
11-15-2006, 09:48 AM
If they suck it is because they were not installed correctly. Too much pressure or the lines not flushed out well. They also take considerably longer to put out an inch of water, it may be as simple as programming the controller correctly.

Uh-oh... Now you're expecting an irrigator to understand precipitation rates??? :laugh:

Sprinkler heads here get more use in one year than you will in five. I installed some 3 years ago and have not had the first problem with them. I have also installed several systems since then and retrofitted many other spray systems that were poorly designed (too many heads on a line)

Our systems are still on, albeit the programs have been cut way back. The only MPR we've had to replace so far has been one that was installed too high by a contractor and got chopped off by a mower. Sprinklers are only as good as the designer and installer.

Flow Control
11-15-2006, 11:30 AM
Sprinklers are only as good as the designer and installer.

A..men to that

PurpHaze
11-15-2006, 11:37 PM
Our systems are still on, albeit the programs have been cut way back.

Shazam... I get into work this morning and the boss asks, "Maybe we should start shutting down the systems?" :laugh:

PurpHaze
11-15-2006, 11:45 PM
BTW... I keep hearing that the MP-4000 is still having its final bugs worked on in order to be released. When a 40' stream rotor hits the market I imagine the impact could be quite considerable... at least for me and my designs since I deal with a lot of "small" areas that are 40-ish feet wide and protected from excessive prevailing wind by buildings.

What I also like about MPRs...

Administrator: "Looks like the sprinklers in this area need to be left on longer. The crab crass hasn't quite filled in all the way."

Me: "That zone is already on for 45 minutes four days a week."

Administrator: "Oh... OK then."

Me (to myself): "He doesn't realize how hard I've worked to get that crab grass to actually start retreating."

MOlawnman
11-17-2006, 01:51 AM
MP-rotators are the best thing to some along in the irrigation business since the plow.

We have entire jobs installed with them and no problems. We have a system that we installed a couple of years ago on a 2" tap that supports 22 mp-3000's on one zone and another zone with 42 mp-2000's running with NO radius reduction.

I only install rotors (PGP's because I have had to replace too many 5000's) when I need to get over the 30 feet range.

As far as pulling mp's out to re-nozzle with sprays......that in my opinion would be crazy and a mistake!!!!!