PDA

View Full Version : Mowing without a shirt

WeedWhacker69
06-20-2001, 05:06 PM
Do any of you mow without your shirt on? Was just wondering if you think its unproffesional to mow with no shirt?

Avery
06-20-2001, 05:09 PM
I feel it is very unprofessional. My employees are required to wear their uniform shirts at all times.

1MajorTom
06-20-2001, 05:30 PM
uh, somehow I don't think I would be able to get away with that.:laugh: :laugh:
And even my husband keeps his shirt on too.

awm
06-20-2001, 06:09 PM
TRIED IT SEVERAL YRS AGO TRYING TO GET READY FOR A BEACH TRIP.
I WAS PROMPTLY TOLD THAT CUSTOMER THOUGHT IT WAS NOT A GOOD IDEA.
HAD TO STAY WITH THE REDNECK TAN.

WILSON BROS.
06-20-2001, 06:16 PM
We are a professional company, there to do a professional job. Whether we are or not we try to look the part.

WeedWhacker69
06-20-2001, 06:55 PM
Well I was just wondering because alot do mow shirtless around here and I've thought about it but I agree with you all that its unproffesional. Great minds think alike, interesting thought Jodi..lol..just kidding...Thanks for your input as usual gang.

AVRECON
06-20-2001, 07:06 PM
It depends on where I'm mowing. If theres alot of potential customers around no, but out in the boonies I do mow with out a shirt sometimes..

powerreel
06-20-2001, 07:07 PM
It would depend on the client. Does anyone ever swim with their clients? Or do you "professional" guys not do that either or do you wear company logo swim trunks?

smburgess
06-20-2001, 07:30 PM
It would be very un-professional to work without a shirt, this isn't your backyard.

powerreel.... huh?

Charles
06-20-2001, 08:30 PM
I got 2 words for you---skin cancer. Cover up as much as possible it may save your life down the road. With ozone depletion cancers are at a all time high. Good time to start is when you are young taking care of your skin because it all adds up

kutnkru
06-20-2001, 08:37 PM
Our crews are required to wear a shirt with company logo no matter where they are cutting.

I personally prefer to cut without mine when I cut on my own time during the weekends. These properties are also country estates that dont have Mrs. Jones bawking thru her windows because my boxers are slightly exposed -LOL!

Charles brings up a crucial point about the risks associated with the ever increasing number of cancer patients. We have a client in the roofing business who had to be treated at a facility because the skin was sliding off his face like lard on a pig during a roast - TALK ABOUT DISGUSTING!!!!

Kris

edward hedrick
06-20-2001, 09:11 PM
When it gets hot 90+ I use a white cotton undershirt it reflects the sun and absorbs the sweat.

guntruck
06-20-2001, 09:15 PM
I think its very very unprofessional to do any work on a clients property without a shirt. I wouldnt even consider it, and just dont see it fit for this business. But to each his own i reckon and i just choose not to.

dmk395
06-20-2001, 09:48 PM
I differ from most. I work without a shirt all the time. I am in shae and dont look gross. Nobody seems to mind, my business is thriving.

Lawn DOG
06-20-2001, 10:01 PM
I think it all depends on what kind of image you want to portray. We require the shirts stay on and we provide the sunblock(sunblock is optional). I have meet to many people with skin cancer. You might think it feels good with no shirt but you will pay for it later in life. We also provide Chapps neck protectors(this is also optional).
Be safe and smart.

cutntrim
06-20-2001, 10:05 PM
Never in front of my employees. Only on occasions when it's 100+ degrees, and only on properties of long-time customers. Face it guys sometimes it just gets too damn hot. When it's egg fryin' time outside my customers feel sorry for me, they're not complaining about me cutting without a shirt. Given that, I only go shirtless maybe a day or two each year.

TLS
06-20-2001, 10:06 PM
I see a LOT of guys out there with out shirts on. I would like to see more women this way, but......OH WELL!! I'll take mine off on select lawns that aren't very visible. My sunblock is all the clippings all over me!

kutnkru
06-20-2001, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by cutntrim
... Face it guys sometimes it just gets too damn hot. When it's egg fryin' time outside ...

Has anyone ever stopped to consider the damages that are caused to the lawns when you are cutting in these extreme temperatures???

Kris

lawnman_scott
06-20-2001, 10:34 PM
I didnt, but i live in florida and we have extreme temperatures all the time. Once in a while i dont wear a shirt. Does look better with one on though i think.

plow kid
06-20-2001, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by kutnkru

Has anyone ever stopped to consider the damages that are caused to the lawns when you are cutting in these extreme temperatures???

Kris

Umn,................................NO
:laugh:

Fine Lines Lawn
06-21-2001, 12:23 AM
I want to die in my sleep like my grandfather ...
Not yelling and screaming like the passengers in his car!

OMG!!! ROFLMAO
Kris, that was the funniest thing I've read today :)

Jason_S
06-21-2001, 12:48 AM
I am the head worker (not the owner), and NEVER would consider it! I had to B#$%H out a new guy for doing so, and I think he understands why (not to) now!

Looks unprofessional, like the derogatory term people that rhyme with SHRUB!

slabpile
06-21-2001, 06:28 AM
Looks unprofessional, like the derogatory term people that rhyme with SHRUB!

very smooth

LAWNGODFATHER
06-21-2001, 07:12 AM
Originally posted by kutnkru

Kris

um..................yes but gota make money

buy the way I do go swimming in clients pools they invite us always wear swim suit:blob3:

Davis TLC
06-21-2001, 07:44 AM
I agree it looks unprofessional. The only lawn I cut without my shirt is my own. And I usually go jump in the pool to rinse off the grass. Boy does that make the wife mad :angry: .