PDA

View Full Version : Country Clipper...

nobagger
11-15-2006, 01:27 PM
Any one using or have used this machine? I am in the market for a ZTR but the prices are not getting any cheaper, and yes I know ya get what ya pay for. We primarily use Exmark and Toro for our w/b's but I ran into a dealer who sells Country Clipper machines and they seem like a great mower. They use a lot of the same parts and seem to be built very heavy duty. Two thing's I like about them are the joystick controller and the flip out deck. Any feedback is appreciated.

Total.Lawn.Care
11-15-2006, 01:39 PM
I have not used them, but I have heard that the joystick controller is kinda difficult to keep the mower in a straight line. Others have said it is more difficult to maintain a stright cut than a Z with the two steer sticks.

Like i said, this is hearsay, so take it for what it is worth, but looking at the design, I would say there might be some truth in it.

webfoot
11-15-2006, 02:00 PM
I have one and have used it for year and a half.Mine is the charger and has the 27 kohler and 60 inch deck.I am real pleased with mine.The joystick is the only way to go for me now.I think the cut is as good or better than anybody's out there

Dnemo
11-15-2006, 03:02 PM
This is what the commercial guys around here are saying.

Joystick control: Most commercial guys prefer the twinstick most home onwers prefer the joystick, however I have sold a couple of the joystick chargers to commercial guys and they love them. They do however admit the joystick takes some getting used to.

Flip Up Deck: Everyone loves it. Escpecially the new QRS (Quick Release System) they have on the 2007 models. You can litteraly stand the deck up to replace blades, clean, etc, in less than a minute.

Articulating Front Axle: Everyone seems to like it, best comments had to do with cutting on hills.

Quality: One of the best mowers on the market for the price. They are built heavy duty, have a thick deck, with greaseable cast iron spindles. They beef up the front of the deck to help it withstand impacts. Then they back everything up with one of the best warranties out there. 2 years entire unit, excluding normal wear items. 3 year deck, frame, spindles & spindle bearings, 4 year deck and frame. Most tell me thats a better warranty than they got on there other machines.

Cut Quality: Most say it cuts as well as anything else commercial.

Price: One buyer stated (Best Bang For Your Buck). You can buy one of these mowers for less than just about any other commercial mower around here, and get what you are paying for.

Try to find a local dealer and try to get them to demo one. Almost everyone that has tried one that was serious about buying one has or plans to for next season.

Most of the information given here if from questionaires given to people who have demo'd one, some for several days.

I am a dealer, but I am not trying to sell you a mower. Just go to your local dealer and try one. They may not be as pretty as some of the others (personal opinion), but they get the job done just the same.

Buy the way I asked to looked through the service bulletins on the different units Country Clipper makes, and found very few problems, almost no problems for the Charger and the BoSS for 2006 year. This is one way I get and idea of what kind of R&D and quality are going into a product.

Hope this helps, I no my opinion is biased, that's why I say again, Go Try One Out and form your own opinion.

Green King
11-15-2006, 05:31 PM
Seem to be underated. One of the largest cutters here bought one and has bought a second one. both are twin stick machines. He likes them real well!

charmill26
11-15-2006, 06:31 PM
my uncle has one out on his rv park and as far as i know its been nothing but trouble. i was cutting with it a few years ago and i believe a couple bolts that hook onto the deck came out? i dont remember details i didnt know much but it seemed poorly made. it was broke down last time iw as out there as well. might just be bad maintenence though. probably improved them since then

Rhinox29
11-15-2006, 07:59 PM
I tried them and liked them alot. They were number two on my list. The only reason I didn't go with clipper was, the dealers main business is selling trailers. He had just started carrying them and it was the only mowers he had. He said they were building a shop to service them. I just didn't trust the dealer situation.

Wil22
11-15-2006, 11:37 PM
Do a search for Country Clipper on this site and you will find many positive responses.

Envy Lawn Service
11-16-2006, 01:32 AM
Seem to be underated. One of the largest cutters here bought one and has bought a second one. both are twin stick machines. He likes them real well!

Yup....

I agree with you and pretty much all Dnemo said.

I have driven both configurations. If I were going to buy a joystick steering unit, it would be a clipper without question. I'd just go write the check and bring it home.

Personally, I'm not as fond of the joystick steering... because I'm already oriented towards twin sticks. But I found it VERY simple to navigate. I only felt uneasy when on slopes. But that was not warranted... not at all. In fact, their joystick units hold hills better than most twin sticks of other brands.

The Country Clippers were high on my list... VERY HIGH, just before I made the decision to go with Lesco instead. I probably would have bought the clipper before even considering Lesco... had either dealer provided a cutting demo or really 'delivered' on the business end of things.

But they didn't, much like some of the other dealers didn't. So I just got fed up, and when I turned to Lesco, they delivered and earned my business.

So the reason I didn't buy has nothing to do with the machine itself.......

(Do a search with my user name and Country Clipper for my old comments about the machine)

prostriper
11-16-2006, 01:47 AM
I've been watching them for a few years now. They have alot of impressive features. If you have good dealer support demo one and see if you can get used to the joystick. I don't play enough video games I'd probably go through hell getting ussed to it myself.

I think in the future they may become more prevalent, but in an industry such as this you have alot of brand loyalty to break through.

Envy Lawn Service
11-16-2006, 02:00 AM
I've been watching them for a few years now. They have alot of impressive features. If you have good dealer support demo one and see if you can get used to the joystick. I don't play enough video games I'd probably go through hell getting ussed to it myself.

I think in the future they may become more prevalent, but in an industry such as this you have alot of brand loyalty to break through.

They make a twin stick model too... drives great.

nobagger
11-16-2006, 11:40 AM
Well I finally went to the dealer who sells them and he wasn't that impressive. The shop looked like a mom and pop set up, he also sells Kabota's and Bush Hog's. I asked to look at one and he had a "Jazee" model or something like that on the floor but he said the Charger was still in the create sitting outside. I asked if and when he might be puting it together and his reply was "I don't know". I don't know the over-all experience with the dealer was less that impressive and to me that speaks volume's. I know the Exmark's I know and trust are about 800-1000 more but the dealer is awesome and I know them well, well enough they would let me take a demo for awhile or if one breaks down give me one to use like they did this season. The Kabota's he had were nice machine's but the prices..... OUTCH! He had a 18hp diesel that was 10k!:dizzy: Looks like I'll be sticking with Exmark.

WREBELMACHINE
11-25-2006, 12:57 PM
I have run the charger and the boss and I liked them alot. very smooth machines and extremly good hill side machines. I would not be afraid of one especially if they had diesel power.