PDA

View Full Version : Bad day.

qualitylawnmanagement
11-15-2006, 01:55 PM
Well guys I wrecked my truck today. I rear ended somebody and the roads where all wet and the brakes locked up on my truck and it I just sled right into the back of the SUV. She did a complete 180 and ended up on the other side of the road in a ditch and I ended up in a Church's yard about 35yds off of the road. It really didn't do much damage to my truck I was kinda surprised too cause it was about a 45mph hit. I don't think it is totaled but well see what the insurance agency says. Just want to say be very careful when the roads are wet you always think it will never happen to you but it can happen to anybody.

MSS Mow
11-15-2006, 02:03 PM
Well guys I wrecked my truck today. I rear ended somebody and the roads where all wet and the brakes locked up on my truck and it I just sled right into the back of the SUV. She did a complete 180 and ended up on the other side of the road in a ditch and I ended up in a Church's yard about 35yds off of the road. It really didn't do much damage to my truck I was kinda surprised too cause it was about a 45mph hit. I don't think it is totaled but well see what the insurance agency says. Just want to say be very careful when the roads are wet you always think it will never happen to you but it can happen to anybody.

I hope everyone is ok?????

jpp
11-15-2006, 03:34 PM
It could have been much worse. I know what you mean by streets being wet. It started raining here about 11:30am and when I hit some leaves pulling up to a stop sign I said Oh boy here we go. Thankfully I got stopped. Drove in the right hand lane and did about 25 the rest of the way home. :)

PROFESSORRAIN
11-15-2006, 03:38 PM
Be glad you are here to type the thread.hope all is well!

Travis E
11-15-2006, 04:02 PM

It could of been worse...You could of been in a tanker truck and been hit by an SUV!! Boy was that a fire!

sheshovel
11-15-2006, 04:10 PM
Glad you are ok. Be careful out there.

qualitylawnmanagement
11-15-2006, 04:10 PM
It could of been worse...You could of been in a tanker truck and been hit by an SUV!! Boy was that a fire!

I know, I live about 10mins from where the wreck happened.

Oldtimer
11-15-2006, 10:38 PM
Does your trailer have brakes on one or both axles?

Oldtimer

mike lane lawn care
11-15-2006, 10:54 PM
well i guess that's why we have insurrance. Brakes a funny like that when wet, whenever it's been raining and the truck's been sitting in the parking lot, the brakes the brakes lock up when you barely touch them, after a mile of driving they're fine, but it is scary to think that with a trailer pushing you you total over 7,000 lbs, many of you guys even total over 10,000 lbs. that kind of weight can really do some damage, i'm glad everyone was okay, any damage to the equipment, or were you smart and strap everything down? what type of SUV? a whimpy little KIA, or something a little meaner like a Suburban?

KS_Grasscutter
11-15-2006, 11:18 PM
Man, that SUCKS. As I recall, that was a dang nice truck from the pictures on here of it. Be kinda sad to see it totalled out. Hope everything turns out OK for you!

04TurfT
11-15-2006, 11:51 PM
hey be glad your still here today and think it coulda been much worse... I know the horrid feeling getting out of the truck knowing you just fuc*ked it up. It ain't good, but anyways glad everyone is okay

qualitylawnmanagement
11-16-2006, 11:42 AM
Does your trailer have brakes on one or both axles?

Oldtimer

No just one axle.

qualitylawnmanagement
11-16-2006, 11:44 AM
well i guess that's why we have insurrance. Brakes a funny like that when wet, whenever it's been raining and the truck's been sitting in the parking lot, the brakes the brakes lock up when you barely touch them, after a mile of driving they're fine, but it is scary to think that with a trailer pushing you you total over 7,000 lbs, many of you guys even total over 10,000 lbs. that kind of weight can really do some damage, i'm glad everyone was okay, any damage to the equipment, or were you smart and strap everything down? what type of SUV? a whimpy little KIA, or something a little meaner like a Suburban?

I wasn't hauling my trailer at the time. It was around 7:20 am yesterday. The SUV was a ford Explorer.

qualitylawnmanagement
11-16-2006, 11:46 AM
Man, that SUCKS. As I recall, that was a dang nice truck from the pictures on here of it. Be kinda sad to see it totalled out. Hope everything turns out OK for you!

Yes it was a nice truck. But I don't think it is totaled out not enough damage done to it. I'm taking her to get fixed today at a body shop and she'll be good a new.:weightlifter:

qualitylawnmanagement
11-16-2006, 11:47 AM
hey be glad your still here today and think it coulda been much worse... I know the horrid feeling getting out of the truck knowing you just fuc*ked it up. It ain't good, but anyways glad everyone is okay

I know I felt sick to my stomach. I had to kick the driver side door to get out.

jsf343
11-16-2006, 11:56 AM
Wow, sorry to hear about that. Was the lady ok? Thats a bummer so close to the end of the season. I can relate though. Thought I had a nice safe distance between myself and another driver last week when the traffic came to a very quick stop. ended up mere inches from the backend of the rig in front of me. It was wet and nasty out also. Can happen to anyone. Hope things turn out ok for you.

DBL
11-16-2006, 11:59 AM
sorry to hear that it happens everyday everyone just needs to be careful. i run police calls for a towing company at night. i see more than my fair share of them

Willofalltrades
11-16-2006, 12:13 PM
I'm suprised I haven't hit anybody. Its going to happen sometime... your time was yesterday. Its ok just get the truck fixed and get back up. Its all about how you rise from a problem.

qualitylawnmanagement
11-16-2006, 06:05 PM
Well guys dropped it off at the dealership about an hour ago and they said about 2 weeks.

qualitylawnmanagement
11-17-2006, 04:58 PM
Well guys dropped it off at the dealership about an hour ago and they said about 2 weeks.

My insurance agent went out and looked at the truck before they started to work on it, and he told me they tolaled it out and they are giving me $5600 for it more then trade in value ($3,750).:dizzy:

qualitylawnmanagement
11-17-2006, 05:01 PM

Well my insurance agent went out and looked out at it today before they went to pull it into the body shop and about an hour later he called me and said he is totaling it and was giving me $5,600 for it that is more they trade in value ($3,750) before the wreck.

garth1967
11-18-2006, 03:34 AM
My insurance agent went out and looked at the truck before they started to work on it, and he told me they tolaled it out and they are giving me $5600 for it more then trade in value ($3,750).:dizzy:

love that sig of yours :laugh: :waving: :drinkup: