PDA

View Full Version : Help on apartment bid

Lee Homan
06-20-2001, 07:43 PM
This is my first bid for an apartment complex and would like some input.Here's what I've got, 2,850 ft. of edging (i.e. walks, curbs and patios in the back of each bldg.). 7 bldgs. approx. 75 x 200 (I didn't actually measure the bldgs. but I think that is a pretty close estimate)and a small office bldg. that need trimmed with 1 or 2 small shrub beds at each one. The property was chopped up with irregular borders so I didn't measure it either but it looks to average about 10,000 sq ft per bldg. thats taking into account ones with smaller yards and some wide open places around the property. about 500 sq ft. in front of each bldg would need to be pushed mowed. Also, the edging is grown over in some places and would require extra time the first time. Thanks for any help.

kutnkru
06-20-2001, 09:56 PM
Not to RAZZZ you or anything but instaed of giving you a guesstimate on what I might have bid, why dont you take the initative to take the time to measure the property correctly, gather your data, and then ask for assistance.

Its not going to do you any good to ask what it would cost if the property looks like "X" when its actually measured out to be "Y".

Just my .02
Kris

Fallguy
06-21-2001, 03:35 AM
assuming you pace yourself at 1.3 miles per hour you have said that there is around about 6,600 feet of walking with weedeating and edging - sounds like alot but possible to do in say 1 hour - just over a hour with less experience - this could be considered trucking along - depending what equipment you run i could mow 70,000 sq ft which is just over a acre and a half in say 20 minutes taking my time - but my mower is rated to cut 6 acres a hour {depending on terain} - lets make it 30min to be safe and to look busy - another 30 min for what you have to push mow - you might consider getting a commercial walk - another hour or so of blowing - considering your going to be doing several entrances and pathways - is it possible that this place could be done in 3 hours by you alone? - i charge $70 per hour - apartment complex can afford it - $210 dollars sound fair for this complex ?- i dunno and maybe my math is wrong buy it sounds like thats a good price if you did the work in 3 hours - hard to say with the input you gave - but i had to give it a shot

Lee Homan
06-21-2001, 06:09 PM
Ok,my bad for giving guesstimates. I just got back from measuring and the net total, mowing property only is 102,783 sq ft. I was off by about 30,000. Lesson learned.

Fallguy
06-22-2001, 01:08 AM
so did you figure out what you were going to charge or do you need more help ?

Lee Homan
06-22-2001, 08:50 AM
I figured about $240.00 per cut with all the edging. I'm going to submit my bid today.