PDA

View Full Version : 0 to mowing in?

lawncuttinfoo
11-15-2006, 06:35 PM
anyone ever timed exactly how long it takes them from sitting behind the steering wheel, door closed truck turned off and mower off everything packed away to first blade of grass cut.

I wanted to try this year but didn't get around to it yet, I'm guessing I'm somewhere around 50 secs.

It would be fun to see some real numbers though, I will post here when I have a chance to time it.

stumpjumper
11-15-2006, 07:56 PM
I can't get out of the truck in 50 secs anymore, unless I fallout that is.:laugh:

mattfromNY
11-15-2006, 08:06 PM
10 mins. 52 sec.'s. Had to put down my Biggie Coke, didn't fit in the cup holder, had to improvise, spilled on my leg, got that cleaned up, went to get out again, cell rang, answered that... yes dear, dont forget the milk, yadda yadda, got out, stepped in dog bomb, what the ...?, kicked it off on the back truck tire, dragged my foot around sideways for 12 feet accross the customers front yard, guy walking down the sidewalk wants to know if my foot is ok, yup, just fine, still not off, oh well, put the gate down, jump on the mower, mow mow mow... didnt really time it, just a guess on the exact seconds. Not exactly what you wanted I know, I just have WAY too much time on my hands, maybe I should be designing my next doorhanger or something, oh well, have a great fall and pray for spring!!!

JJLandscapes
11-15-2006, 08:18 PM
If u really wanted to make an effort to go fast i hope you can do it in half that time

but on a regular no rush day 45-60 seconds i cant see it anymore ill time it next time

BSDeality
11-15-2006, 09:48 PM
if you want to make money you have to have it down in under a minute (including unstrapping!)

I see so many outfits around here that have equipment piled all over the trailers and crammed into the back of mason dumps.... if you spend 3 minutes unloading the water cooler, the 5gal gas can, the mix can, the big leaf blower, the back pack blower to the ground.... then a machine from blocking the one at the front of the trailer/truck you're not making money. Invest in some racks, and get everything mounted in an efficient manner.

E=P!

Richard Martin
11-16-2006, 03:56 AM
I can do it in under a minute if I'm in a hurry but most of the time it takes a minute or two. I'm just not in as big a hurry as I used to be I guess.

macaw
11-16-2006, 07:12 AM
Depends on the weather if it looks like rain I flat out fly if the sun is out I get there when I get there.

DBL
11-16-2006, 08:16 AM
i dont think 10 seconds or even about 3 or 4minutes getting out of the truck is goign to ruin my day

cborden
11-16-2006, 08:23 AM
I don't keep tract of arrival at job to start of job, but we do keep track of total time, arrival to leaving each job. All of our mowing list have arrival and departure time slots to be filled out by who is in charge of the crew that day.

Lovingreen
11-16-2006, 09:37 AM
It takes a while to unload and load, I also try to track drive time as well as that is part of the cost of the stop.

rodfather
11-16-2006, 04:56 PM
depends on whether there is any eye candy within close proximity :laugh:

MImowerkid
11-16-2006, 05:18 PM
If I had to guess it takes me and one guy about fifteen seconds. Myself(driver) gets out and pulls pin on drivers side of open trailer , passenger gets out and pulls his side pin and sets aluminum gate down . by this time
I have jumped over the side rail and pull the pin on the pro locker, mower engine is on and i'm off! helper has weedwacker/stick edger in hand and starts while walking across the street. Same thing after except I add about five seconds to stare at the sexy lawn !!!:drinkup: beat that!!! oh , My trailer is an 6 1/2 by 12 open with gridiron racks and the amazing prolocker , the best 150 bucks I have spent ,,,, and DOT approved!!!

parkeeee
11-16-2006, 05:26 PM
I track time spent on each job starting from when I open the trailer door until I get back into the truck after completing the work.

BSDeality
11-16-2006, 05:30 PM
....the amazing prolocker , the best 150 bucks I have spent ,,,, and DOT approved!!!Actually I think you'll get a ticket for using that to secure equipment in MI, I think there were two or three members who got pulled and ticketed for not having straps in addition to the prolockers.

just because they're DOT approved doesn't mean they're up to your states regulations wihch have to meet or beat the DOT reg's.

Just FYI

BQLC
11-16-2006, 06:06 PM
depends on whether there is any eye candy within close proximity :laugh:
It is amazing how eye candy will make you move :laugh:

MStine315
11-16-2006, 09:34 PM
10 mins. 52 sec.'s. Had to put down my Biggie Coke, didn't fit in the cup holder, had to improvise, spilled on my leg, got that cleaned up, went to get out again, cell rang, answered that... yes dear, dont forget the milk, yadda yadda, got out, stepped in dog bomb, what the ...?, kicked it off on the back truck tire, dragged my foot around sideways for 12 feet accross the customers front yard, guy walking down the sidewalk wants to know if my foot is ok, yup, just fine, still not off, oh well, put the gate down, jump on the mower, mow mow mow... didnt really time it, just a guess on the exact seconds. Not exactly what you wanted I know, I just have WAY too much time on my hands, maybe I should be designing my next doorhanger or something, oh well, have a great fall and pray for spring!!!

I Laughed till I cried, thanks for making my day!

fiveoboy01
11-16-2006, 09:51 PM
i dont think 10 seconds or even about 3 or 4minutes getting out of the truck is goign to ruin my day

3 or 4 minutes per job, let's say just for s&g you do 14 jobs in a day.

At 3 minutes, you've used 42 minutes of the day.

At 4 minutes, you've used 56 minutes.

IF you get it down to 45 seconds:

10.5 minutes.

J&R Landscaping
11-16-2006, 10:07 PM
For me. usually 2-4 mintues. On several of my jobs, I am parking and doing multiple houses at once so that helps save time and fuel.

S man
11-16-2006, 10:24 PM

I hope that's not everytime. Or you're losing money! :dizzy:

smcunningham
11-16-2006, 11:16 PM
depending on wheather:walking: