PDA

View Full Version : ISSUES with extreme vac by odb - 27hp leaf loader

Strongmd
11-16-2006, 05:37 AM
Does anyone else use one of these? We've used Giant Vac for the last few years and decided to retire one and purchased an extreme vac. The biggest selling point for us was that it is belt drive. HOWEVER, We're not very happy with this vac because the housing keeps getting filled up with debris and bogging down to the point of stalling. Our giant vacs have less than an inch of room between the impeller and housing liner. The extreme vac has LOTS of room there for debris to accumulate. They have their reasons for doing this and it never occured to me that it could turn into such a problem. We've ruled out all other potential issues (ventilation, etc.) and we're beginning to wonder if it's an inherent design issue. I did a search and couldn't find much here regarding ODB or Extreme.

If anyone has experience with this, please advise, much appreciated!!!

OR call Matt at 978-475-0003

Thank you

br549oicu8
11-16-2006, 04:29 PM
Chatted with you earlier on the phone Matt. This is Buddy from the Kansas City area. Like I mentioned we have only used ours on dry leaves to date.
Feel free to contact me at
brodgersandson@aol.com
or
buddy@buddyrodgersandson.com
Will definitely be interested in the outcome here.

cantoo
11-16-2006, 09:14 PM
strongmd, Make a sleeve using plastic to cut down the clearance. In fact I think some come with sleeves already maybe yours is missing it?

Strongmd
11-25-2006, 05:46 AM
UPDATE: I've made two adjustments,

We've always used a hard plastic intake vs flex. We've always had a 90 degree turn into the impeller, now we have two 22.5 degree turns, this helped a little.

I installed a 2" thick polyurethane liner (hard rubber plow cutting edge) to take up some of the empty space inside the impeller housing. This also helped a bit, less debris accumulation.

We're not where we want to be yet, but this is still a work in progress and ODB/Rick T is working with me to solve my issues.

nobagger
11-25-2006, 07:53 AM
Matt when you say you installed a plastic "spacer" where and how did you install it? We have a Little Wonder HPV and it has about 4"s of space at the bottom and this thing is ALWAYS clogging, just wondering if this might help our cause too.

Strongmd
11-27-2006, 04:02 AM
If you took the impeller housing cover off, and thought of the impeller as a clock, I installed it (going counter clockwise) from 9:00 to 2:00.

The debris always started accumulating around 7:00 and would snowball from there.

Strongmd
08-17-2007, 05:55 PM
Given that leaf season is approaching, I thought I'd bump this thread up to the top and see if anyone has had experience with Extreme Vac, also known as ODB. I had some issues last year and though they've been working with me, they're not quite resolved yet. I'm rapidly approaching a conclusion with them and I'm still hopeful they stick to their word and handle this in the appropriate manner. -stay tuned

Strongmd
08-23-2007, 08:50 PM
anyone have an extreme vac 27hp?

Strongmd
10-22-2007, 05:15 AM
This thing is a major POS and I'm pursuing them in court. STAY AWAY FROM ODB & EXTREME OR XTREME VAC.

for details, call matt at 978-475-0003

supercuts
10-22-2007, 06:51 AM
wow, never heard of them, glad i stuck with giant vac. my housing has more patches on it then a metallica jacket from the 80's and a new $900 impeller job, but im happy with the way she sucks and the housing has never clogged. even sucking leaves off the edge of the road in pooring rain with a river running throught it. the hose and the discharge tube over the front of truck have clogged a handfull of times in 10 years but no big deal. good luck and thanks for heads up. the gap is something i never would have given thought too.