PDA

View Full Version : Welcome JRCO to the LawnSite.com Community

Michael J. Donovan
11-16-2006, 11:11 AM
JRCO, Inc.

Minneapolis-based JRCO, Inc. has manufactured quality, innovative attachments for the outdoor power equipment industry since 1976. JRCO attachments save time and labor while giving lawn care professionals the opportunity to offer their customers additional services with their existing commercial mowers.

The JRCO Tine Rake Dethatcher has been an industry leading attachment for spring clean-up and seasonal dethatching. The JRCO Electric Broadcast Spreader, Hooker Aerator and Zero-Turn Sprayer allow lawn care professionals to add services that they are not currently offering or increase production and profitability on the extra services they do offer. The Leaf Plow and Blower Buggy Carrier help make quick work of fall leaf clean-up, and the Zero-Turn Snowplow keeps your mower profitable in the winter too.

Come see their website at www.jrcoinc.com or give them a call at 800-966-8442.

Barefoot James
01-26-2008, 12:00 AM
We do a ton of blowing Red Max 8000 (very powerful) into street then hitting it with our Wright Stander and pulverizing it into powder then sucking it up with a billy goat lawn vac. We can get 3 or 4 bags into one this way.
Next year we hope to get a truck mounted vac and blow into truck or trailer then go to dump and turn vac around and suck out of truck into dump. this way one or two guys can blow to curb another can come buy with truck and suck it up - we have had several cars go by and give us angry looks but we have gotten more business because the neighbors all come out an wonder what the heck are you messing up my street for but the billy really cleans it up and then we blow any dust into the grass and the street always looks better than when we got there. One other thing to mention is on my Wright Stander I rigged a rake contraption on the front and can push massive piles out to the road (easier than blowing) Jrco has a really cool front mount plow for leaves that we will take a hard look at in terms of investing in this next fall. That's all the tips I got - BTW we made over 10K this past season on leaves alone and picked up many new leads for customers this year because of it. Good business!

John Gamba
01-26-2008, 06:24 AM
:waving:Jrco

LawnGuy73
01-26-2008, 10:49 AM
Welcome JRCO. I love your products, have been using them for years and will continue to use them. I just wish you would lower your prices a bit. :usflag:

CharlotteOutdoorImpact
02-08-2008, 02:53 AM
How does the hooker compare to a core plugger tow behind? I mean does it compare in the quality of job it does. I know it would be quicker....

I need as much input as I can get

Thanks!

JRCO
02-15-2008, 05:07 PM
Hello,

First and foremost the lawnsite community will be a great resource to you. I'd also invite you to check out www.jrcoinc.com for information, detailed images and video clips of the Hooker aerator.

Feel free to call me if you have any questions as well. 800-966-8442

Thanks,
Bill
JRCO, Inc

CharlotteOutdoorImpact
02-15-2008, 05:43 PM
I have ordered a JRCO tine dethatcher front mount... Today...

Cant wait to try it out.

americanlawn
02-15-2008, 05:53 PM
My mowing subcontractor has used JRCO for years, and he swears by them. Welcome aboard.

jrc lawncare
02-15-2008, 06:01 PM
Welcome. We use jrco, couldn't do it without em.

CharlotteOutdoorImpact
02-15-2008, 06:04 PM
what are the attachments you use and what are your favorites???

JRCO
02-18-2008, 05:08 PM
I have ordered a JRCO tine dethatcher front mount... Today...

Cant wait to try it out.

Thank you. We appreciate your business.

John Gamba
02-18-2008, 05:21 PM
Hello,

First and foremost the lawnsite community will be a great resource to you. I'd also invite you to check out www.jrcoinc.com for information, detailed images and video clips of the Hooker aerator.

Feel free to call me if you have any questions as well. 800-966-8442

Thanks,
Bill
JRCO, Inc

Bill
Nice to see you are still with jrco:waving:

JRCO
02-22-2008, 09:54 AM
Bill
Nice to see you are still with jrco:waving:

5 years and counting, John.

If you'd have told me before I got into this that I'd be working for a commercial mower attachment company I'd have thought you were crazy. But there are great people in the lawn & garden industry. Fellow manufacturers, dealers, lawn care pros, etc. Most seem to hang out here. Go figure. :usflag:

John Gamba
02-22-2008, 10:12 AM
5 years and counting, John.

If you'd have told me before I got into this that I'd be working for a commercial mower attachment company I'd have thought you were crazy. But there are great people in the lawn & garden industry. Fellow manufacturers, dealers, lawn care pros, etc. Most seem to hang out here. Go figure. :usflag:

I'm trying to move this onto an island:) it will take a little more time:laugh::waving:

03-06-2008, 10:49 PM
How bout a lawnsite discount? Possibly offer direct from manufaturer shipping also?

CharlotteOutdoorImpact
03-07-2008, 01:22 AM
That would be awesome.. I have the JRCO dethatcher.. I would consider buying something if it were at a reduced price and direct.

Barefoot James
03-07-2008, 09:43 AM
I would get a dethatcher - hooker and leaf pusher if I got a nice bundled deal.

JRCO
03-07-2008, 10:13 AM
Thanks for the input everybody. We sell through your local power equipment dealers. They already have the ability to have things dropshipped to you if they wish. We have many dealers who will have items shipped right from Minneapolis to their customers. Some of our attachments are too large/heavy to be shipped via regular ground shipping. We need to ship them via LTL truck freight.

We also leave it up to our dealers to work out any bundle/discounts/etc. If you are planning on purchasing multiple attachments, let your dealer know. I'm sure they will take that into consideration.

Thanks again for the suggestions,

Bill

3Bladz
03-24-2008, 11:19 PM
On a Z mounted rake with the caster wheels , I was wondering if it would follow the ground contours? Or will it skip over the low spots and plow into the high spots?

JRCO
03-25-2008, 03:56 PM
Front to back it pivots and follows the contours/dips. Side to side it does not flex.

Thanks for inquiring,
Bill

Dustin1
04-01-2008, 08:23 PM
Do you have the Jrco hooker. I'm debating on what I should buy ZTR mount or a Turfco walk behind

Dustin1
04-01-2008, 08:27 PM
Do you use the Jrco hooker? I can't decide if I should buy one.

JRCO
04-02-2008, 10:36 AM
Hi Dustin,

Feel free to check out our website for more info or give us a call. We sell through local power equipment dealers but are glad to answer any questions you might have.

Thanks,
Bill

Dustin1
04-02-2008, 10:49 AM
I just bought a dethatcher from Elite lift Truck. I have looked at your website. I still want some advice from people that use it. I have heard mor negatives than possitives.

JRCO
04-04-2008, 11:50 AM
Yes, definitely get advice from others. That's what's so great about this site. You get advice from lawncare professionals from around the country.

Please keep in mind some of the advice is coming from old versions of the aerator. There were major changes both around late 90's (went from weight wheels to cast iron heads) and approx 2001 (drilled-through axle shafts, front swivel yokes). There were also changes to our tines and bushings over the years. All of these things made big improvements in the performance of the Hooker aerator.

We are continually striving to improve our products and manufacture high quality commercial-duty mower attachments.

Thanks for your business and thanks for everyone's feedback.

Bill

growandmoe
04-14-2008, 07:31 PM
Thanks for the input everybody. We sell through your local power equipment dealers. They already have the ability to have things dropshipped to you if they wish. We have many dealers who will have items shipped right from Minneapolis to their customers. Some of our attachments are too large/heavy to be shipped via regular ground shipping. We need to ship them via LTL truck freight.

We also leave it up to our dealers to work out any bundle/discounts/etc. If you are planning on purchasing multiple attachments, let your dealer know. I'm sure they will take that into consideration.

Thanks again for the suggestions,

Bill

I emailed my local dealer and apparantly he doesn't want my business because i never heard back...i really have a problem when a company makes it difficult to buy from them...

John Gamba
04-14-2008, 07:52 PM
I emailed my local dealer and apparantly he doesn't want my business because i never heard back...i really have a problem when a company makes it difficult to buy from them...

there computer could of spammed you. do you have a phone.

growandmoe
04-14-2008, 07:57 PM
it they have an email address they should know how to use it...

John Gamba
04-14-2008, 08:00 PM
it they have an email address they should know how to use it...

Not with all the viruses.

k911lowe
05-16-2008, 02:08 PM
We do a ton of blowing Red Max 8000 (very powerful) into street then hitting it with our Wright Stander and pulverizing it into powder then sucking it up with a billy goat lawn vac. We can get 3 or 4 bags into one this way.
Next year we hope to get a truck mounted vac and blow into truck or trailer then go to dump and turn vac around and suck out of truck into dump. this way one or two guys can blow to curb another can come buy with truck and suck it up - we have had several cars go by and give us angry looks but we have gotten more business because the neighbors all come out an wonder what the heck are you messing up my street for but the billy really cleans it up and then we blow any dust into the grass and the street always looks better than when we got there. One other thing to mention is on my Wright Stander I rigged a rake contraption on the front and can push massive piles out to the road (easier than blowing) Jrco has a really cool front mount plow for leaves that we will take a hard look at in terms of investing in this next fall. That's all the tips I got - BTW we made over 10K this past season on leaves alone and picked up many new leads for customers this year because of it. Good business!
a lot of areas will fine you for blowing in the street,no matter how much you suck.

foreplease
09-07-2008, 08:31 AM
Our little city requests that leaves be raked or blown into the street (just over the curb). They regularly come around, pick them up, and haul them away. Great service.

I just ordered the JRCO Dethatcher for the front of my Z and am looking forward to using it. I am more interested in prep work for overseeding than dethatching and hope it will work well for that.

Alan B
11-22-2008, 02:38 PM
Looking forward to being a part and participating in the outdoor lighting and landscape lighting forums.