PDA

View Full Version : Wasting time today.... too wet and windy to work

Rons Rightway Lawncare
11-16-2006, 12:50 PM
Here in my area it is prime time for leaves falling off the trees, Grass is still growing but slowly...

Last night we had some major storms come through and it rained like crazy. Was supposed to be cloudy and rainy this morning, but it isn't, lots of blue sky here and there and plenty of sunshine.

I WANT to go out and work, but the lawns are really wet. And it is VERY windy so far today, I HATE trying to work the leaves and clean off a lawn when the wind is blowing wildly and strongly like it is today.

So I am sitting on my butt on the computer wasting time doing nothing but feeling guilty for not being out there working.

Well that is my rant for the day.

BSDeality
11-16-2006, 01:14 PM
hah, I've been doing it all week. I actually did a cleanup at my own house yesterday at least. I charge by the job for leaves, not by the hour, so I'd rather wait for them to dry out. I might get out there later today and do one or two small ones just to get them off the list.

I have gotten caught up on a lot of paperwork and did some updating to my website, which was nice.

dlandscaping
11-16-2006, 01:28 PM
The past 9 days have had 2 days without rain around here. Yesterday we worked all day and finished 5 smaller ones. It poured this morning and is going to tonite. I need the snow to hold off for a while now.

LawnBrother
11-16-2006, 03:17 PM
I know what you mean. I was all geard up at the beginning of the week to start knocking out all these cleanups, but this is the second day of rain with more on the way tomorrow....
Oh well, what can you do? I don't let it bother me, can't control the weather!

jt5019
11-16-2006, 03:29 PM
Im in the same boat .... I managed to get a few in yesterday then it rained again. Now its drying up but its getting windy and its supposed to pour again tonight.

I was hoping to get most completed by thanksgiving but no way is that happening.

J&R Landscaping
11-16-2006, 03:38 PM
It has been really rainy around here the past 2 weeks as well. Right now, for most of the delaware valley, there is a tornado watch until 6 pm.

rodfather
11-16-2006, 05:49 PM
Weather's been miserable lately

Rons Rightway Lawncare
11-16-2006, 07:27 PM
When the wind blows like it has today, it makes it hard to clean off the lawns, and around here alot of the trees still have plenty of leaves to still fall, so by the time your done with a lawn on a windy day, a hour later it looks like you weren't even out... a waste of time really... So I stayed home and surfed the net all day.