PDA

View Full Version : Grass Gobbler On Lazer?

iski3d
06-20-2001, 09:38 PM
I WAS WONDERING IF THERE IS A BRACKET OUT THERE SO THAT THE CATCHER ON MY WALKBEHIND WOULD FIT ON A LAZER. IM CONSIDERING A LAZER PURCHASE BUT DONT WANT TO SHELL OUT THE $ FOR AN ULTRA VAC FOR THE 2 ACCOUNTS I BAG. THANKS. BY THE WAY, HAS ANYONE USED THE NEW 27HP LIQUID COOLED LAZER 60" AAND HOW IS IT?

TLS
06-20-2001, 10:02 PM
I'm sure that you could rig a bracket to fit the Gobbler on a 60" Lazer. You'd be emptying it every 35 feet, but I'm sure you can get it to fit.

As for the 27hp LC Lazer. Nice smoothe running machine with good power and fuel economy. I will never own another Kohler, so this is the cats meow to me! Its a little heavier, but otherwise the same as a reg Lazer. Hopefully it will be a long lasting engine. Next up is an injected LC Kawi.

LAWNGODFATHER
06-21-2001, 12:01 AM
get a peco vac or a quick vac you can also use it to pick up leaves in the fall and spring

MOW ED
06-21-2001, 07:31 AM
Buy a Walker!!;)

Esby
06-21-2001, 10:10 AM
I like the peco vacs that are out there, but for two lawns, just rig up a bracket, i'm sure it wouldn't take much more than a little welding or just a couple holes in the side of the deck. Let us know how it goes. Dont buy a walker for two lawns. They are good for bagging but they are ALOT SLOWER than the Lazer Z.

Premo Services
06-21-2001, 10:29 AM
It was stated in another post about dumping out the bagger, I have a turf tracer with the gobbler, and I have found that even when I cut it first, you don`t get very far before having to empty.If you are thinking about the lazer, you might want to reconsider the ultra vac, or peco vac, or other bagging system for leaf cleanups! I have the lazer and was not wanting to fork out the bux for the vac, but I did, and what a difference it made in the spring and fall cleanups. I did a lot of extra cleanups and charged more, because they were not my customers. Most of the time I got to where I bid the job and the ultra vac and lazer made short work of the job, which boils down to more money in my pocket, and easier to get the job done. :D

toddco
06-21-2001, 12:56 PM
Gobbler (Wright Mfg actually) makes about a dozen different brackets to adapt the Gobbler to different decks. You should be able to match one set to your new deck. I think a set of brackets is about $15-20

LJ lawn
06-21-2001, 10:25 PM
there IS a company out there called ACCELERATOR INDUSTRIES . they make ALUMINUM grass catchers.AND they just came out with a big one that fits the Z riders.they are usually more than the price of the regular ones.so if you gots the scroll and want a nice lightweight catcher that won't rust look em up.

P&J Lawncare
06-21-2001, 10:43 PM
the same bracket thats on your walk behind will fit a lazer just make sure that you line it up right or the basket will sag and the blades will hit the basket

toddco
06-22-2001, 06:32 PM
Anyone know where you can get the ACCELERATOR INDUSTRIES ALUMINUM grass catchers online?

Administrator
06-22-2001, 06:39 PM
We built our own brackets.. piece of angle iron and bolt.

Chuck K

accuratelawn
06-23-2001, 09:46 AM
Toodco,
Accelerator is located in WA. Look them up. I use the large bag on my Lazer. Works good and is alot cheaper than the ultra vac etc. Bagging sucks anyway so why invest alot of money in a bag system. I mulch in the Fall and early Spring and us the bag for the few people that still don't understand how good the clippings are for the grass.
NO bracket needed with this bag. On and off is a second.

lawnnut
06-23-2001, 11:22 AM
Exmark
Our Grass Gobler goes from 36" WB to 52"hp with no bracket at all either mower.