PDA

View Full Version : tried to pull a fast one on me !!!

dcgreenspro
11-16-2006, 02:05 PM
I have a client whose husband has been diagnosed with cancer. They are good friends with my mom, so she asked me to cut them a break and i did. Easy 50 dollar lawn that i do for 40. Normally, this wouldn't matter if i was doing extras for them but they don't need me for a thing.
Anyway, I give them a price for a once a week cleanup. They have lots of trees around the property. She tells me to come when she calls, if she calls at all. I told her it will be more. She sends an email yesterday telling me that she wants leaves done. I told her i will be by to give an estimate. I really want to drop these people but i don't want to upset my mother...what would you do?

scagwildcat
11-16-2006, 04:19 PM
huh, i remember a thread about this lady telling all her friends how much you charge her for the mowing,she was giving out prices for you i think..

apowell18
11-16-2006, 04:32 PM
How close is your mom and this lady??? I didn't get the problem in your post??? You have given them a discounted rate already. Keep them as long as they know their rate is because of WHO they are not WHAT you are doing.

LindblomRJ
11-16-2006, 04:33 PM
Having been through cancer myself that is something you want to handle with "kid gloves." I would give the estimate, remember to be fair to both them and you.

dcgreenspro
11-16-2006, 04:45 PM
i guess i am trying to please too many people at one time. i need to drop this lady even though her neighbor now wants my services. both lawns have way too much shade and probably about 10% healthyt turf on both properties. looks like i am gonna have to talk with my mom.