PDA

View Full Version : My NEW and IMPROVED company LOGO!

XOFMOT
06-20-2001, 10:46 PM
Hot off the computer!

I was just playing around this evening and was looking at my logo...HMMMM I said to my wife and my self..By looking at it all it is is a name with a cartoon character replacing a letter. So we thought that if we are going to be concentrating on lawn care need to at least add a lawnmower, grass and maybe a tree.....so we did!

Let me know what you think!

Thank you LAWNSITE.COM!

LoneStarLawn
06-20-2001, 11:00 PM
To be honest I liked it the way it was before....but I understand what you are trying to do.

Our logo as well does not implicate grass or lawns within the logo itself..

1MajorTom
06-20-2001, 11:40 PM
You are really creative, and I like what you've showed us so far, but honestly, I think the first logo is better.

I understand the look you are trying to achieve, but the red and the green combined like that especially with that tree look too Christmas-ish.

When you say this is your logo, what is it going to be used for?
Your company letterhead? On your truck?
Do you plan on scaling it down some?

Jason_S
06-21-2001, 12:52 AM
I don't care for your FOX design. You should come up with something similar to the dirtbike shock manufacturer FOX, I like the cutting-edge and new look that it has.

Runner
06-21-2001, 12:34 PM
Sorry, ME here again. I can appreciate the work you have put into it, but whatever you you end up with, do NOT use a pushmower on it. This gives the impression that this IS your equipment - limited. Afterall, you never see an excavator with a logo of a guy hand shoveling dirt into a wheelbarrow do you? Also, if you DO use some sort of mower, do not have it going over flowers. :rolleyes: Also, you somehow ended up with another tree in bad need of trimming. Try to go with a sharper image for your letter style. Sorry, just trying to help.:)

Fine Lines Lawn
06-22-2001, 06:54 AM
Beautiful logo, but I agree with eliminating the push mower.

Rooster
06-22-2001, 07:03 AM
I agree with Fine Lines Lawn and Runner about the lawnmower. Besides that I think it looks GREAT!

Good Luck!!!

Vibe Ray
06-23-2001, 02:21 PM
Dude, I think it looks awesome!!! I would remove the push mower and either leave it blank or put something else there. Also you really should remove the flowers and put some grass there, I would like to see it after you finish.

TheMom
06-23-2001, 04:27 PM
Tom,

Sorry to inform you, but the Fox logo you have come up with matches nearly exactly with an existing company, Fox Racing Gear. You may want to re-think your game plan, as Fox Racing has been in business for decades and their logo is well known.

Don't be too disappointed, though... when I began my own typesetting business, I thought and thought about a name, and finally came up with Typographics. When I went to register it, the lady said with a sigh, "Oh no, another one?" :eek:

What's wrong with XOFMOT?

Barbara

TheMom
06-23-2001, 04:37 PM
Also, the variation with a foxtail coming out of the O has been done.

You could just put the FOX part of it in really cool lettering, readable from a distance, and then if you really wanted to include the animal, you could put him on a mower in the graphics part of your setup.

The fox could become your mascot, and if you wanted to do some clever advertising he could be your spokesman. For instance, he could be named... well, Tom. You could do 4 different campaigns each year, beginning with, "Tom Fox says... " Then plug in something appropriate for the time of year, like, "It's time to fertilize and treat your lawn before the weeds get started. Call Tom for a free estimate."

Just a thought. Or two.

Barbara

XOFMOT
06-23-2001, 07:16 PM
Thanks for your concern and information regarding my logo.
I investigated into this before-hand and as you can see from the attached file, they are different! I'm sure even if they were a little bit closer in design, I would suely here from FOX RACING. I know FOX RACING also spells their name with thier logo replacing the letter "o" from FOX, but I don't see how they can copyright the name of FOX...considering it's my last name!

But again, THANK YOU for all your input and ideas!

LoneStarLawn
06-23-2001, 07:29 PM
They actually tradmarked the {F "HEAD" X} logo...your head is different obviously, but since there trademark only says "HEAD" I would make sure you were not breaking any laws. I really doubt if you are. Better safe than sorry though. I still like
the original logo without the tree and flowers & mower.

TheMom
06-23-2001, 09:27 PM
Tom,

Lone Star is right, Fox Racing doesn't have rights to the name FOX, only to "F (HEAD) X", so of course you're perfectly free to use FOX. Just trying to save you possible headaches, is all.

Umm... no pun intended!

Barbara

kroll
06-23-2001, 09:38 PM
With the red & green at the bottom kinda looks like your cutting the flowers with a push mower, don't mow the flowers .

XOFMOT
06-23-2001, 10:14 PM
Ok, I know, I know........get rid of the PUSH MOWER, Get RID of the FLOWERS......SO I DID!

Today was a RAINY, overall depressing type of day outside.... I was able to put out maybe....75 more flyers today before the skys opened up. After that, spent the rest of the day with the WIFE and KIDS:)

Played around with my "LOGO" and I am going to stick with the "FOX" the way I have been doing in the past.

Since I am still WAITING for that FIRST phone call...I thought I would spend a little more time playing around with different ideas for what I was trying to accomplish from the start of this POST.

If this one looks good, I'll be using it for Business cards, Letterheads, Invoices & estimates. So again I ask you to look over this "IMAGE" at le me know what you think!

Thanks again for all the positive and negative replys! (yes I said negative)

kroll
06-23-2001, 10:24 PM
I like this alot better It will get you some business

Good Luck

Vibe Ray
06-23-2001, 10:25 PM
That looks great, dude! So tell me, how are you making all these logos? You're doing a good job. Are you using a certain software program? Where do you get your pictures. I do love that fox character of yours, though. I think I'll go copyright it right now before you do!!! LOL

TheMom
06-23-2001, 10:29 PM
C'mon Tom,

You wanted suggestions.

Bottom line is, the best logo design is what works for you. If you like it, and it doesn't violate anyone else's space, go for it.

Rule #1: Have Fun.
:cool:

Barbara

XOFMOT
06-23-2001, 10:35 PM
The software that I use for 75% of the work is MICROSOFT PICTUE IT! 2000, version 4.0. The other 20% is CORRELL DRAW, and the last 5% is PRINTSHOP.

I get most of my images from various websites that offer "FREE" clipart/photos. The "FOX" was hand drawn then digitized (spl?).

Thanks for your input!

Vibe Ray
06-23-2001, 11:02 PM
Yah mom, but if he wouldn't have asked for suggestions he might've stuck with the flower mowing Murray.

My bottom line is: suggestions are worth they're weight in gold. You don't have to implement them, but a lot of times they really help you see a whole different perspective.

XOFMOT, I've been thinking about your 2 logos on this thread. I liked how the FOX name w/ the head REALLY stood out on the first one. However with your latest and greatest, it isn't emphasized as much. To tell you the truth, I believe your other logo looked a lot more like a "LOGO" than the latter. Know what I mean? Just make sure you remove the flowers and the Murray push mower. A good idea would be to add some grass to it. So try to stick the previous as it is more logoish, and that's what it's gonna be, a logo. Regardless, they are both fantastic.

Vibe Ray
06-23-2001, 11:05 PM
Wow, you hand drew the fox?! Cool!

XOFMOT
06-23-2001, 11:10 PM
Try this one on for size, PLAIN, SIMPLE, TO THE POINT!

Your right, the more I think about it, whay "DRESS" it up any more than it is..it works fine the way it is.

As for the drawing, I didn't draw it, a friend of mine did.

Vibe Ray
06-23-2001, 11:39 PM
Well, it's got to be a LITTLE fancy! Could you do me a favor? Even if you don't go with it, just take your first logo on this thread and just remove the flowers and mower and put grass in place of flowers and see if you like that. Also because I would like to see it like that.

XOFMOT
06-24-2001, 12:00 AM
How's this?, Did it quick, I will still need to recenter "Caring For One Property At A Time", but this ought to give you an Idea of what you are thinking about.

Thanks Again

Vibe Ray
06-24-2001, 12:38 AM
Looks great, now just add your own personal touch to it with some customizations or whatever you wanna do.

Island Lawn
06-24-2001, 10:31 AM
I like it plain and simple
Just the fox, your name, #, and motto
All else seems to be filler and might be distracting
It sticks my head and lends itself well to name recognition

My 2

BTW, nice work!

kroll
06-24-2001, 11:09 AM
Very cool very simple very very good, I think we have a winner

Runner
06-24-2001, 01:28 PM
Now THAT looks nice! If you can darken the green on the lawn area to give it a richer lush looking color, you'll be all set. Also, you MAY want to add a little color to the trees as well. I really like the house being done in a "sketch" format like that though. Very professional looking.

Groundcover Solutions
06-25-2001, 11:31 PM
i agree with Island Lawn nice and simple!
:blob3:

David Gretzmier
06-25-2001, 11:42 PM
I guess I am the only one who liked the cute push mower...
I think of one of the logo's I like- Christmas Decor with the lights around it. lights, decor, to the point and "rememberable". I firmly believe that a simple idea with "lawnlike"graphics is what sticks in peoples head. the lawn doctor...green thumb...etc. a lawncare companies' logo should make people think of lawncare, not a medical supply firm. Grass, trees, mowers to a degree are not only appropriate, they're required in my book. Maybe we don't have enough state pride here, but I just can't see a lawncare company incorporating the state of Arkansas into thier logo and being recognized as a lawncare company, and or having the professional"look" that so many of us desire. Dave g