PDA

View Full Version : Blower ripped off last night!

desert rose gardening
11-17-2006, 11:25 AM
I have been talking about getting a new blower lately now I have no choice, I got a call last night from a neighbors saying the dogs where barking and they saw someone trotting away from my truck with a backpack on. I looked and everything seemed OK. Then with the day light I see my blower is missing! The only tool that is not locked. So the backpack the thief was wearing was my blower. The funny thing is about that blower is its the biggest peace of crap I have ever used! It has a Kawasaki engine the only thing on it I can recognize, no brand name or model number anywhere on it a weighs a ton, has no power, yesterday it developed a leak in the gas tank. I bought it about a year and a half ago from some tree trimmers at a job for $60.00 The only reason I used it was my good Green Machine blower died of old age and I just got used to this heavy piece of crap. I know that Kawasaki are good engines its the only good thing on it. So I'm really not going to miss it. Redmax 8000 here I come!

WJW Lawn
11-17-2006, 11:51 AM
Id have conflicting emotions too. It sucks to know someone got away with your stuff (crap or not), but then again...it sure is a damn good feeling buying a new piece of equipment!! Now go get that Redmax...and a BIG PADLOCK! lol

Total.Lawn.Care
11-17-2006, 12:34 PM
Hate to hear that you got ripped. On the other hand, gives you a reason to get a better one. At least you did not pay but $60 for the one that got ripped. My blowers are $500. I would have been ticked.

BQLC
11-17-2006, 01:13 PM
Although it sucks at least you got 1 1/2 years out of it and for only $60 bucks and the positive thing is now you get your new redmaxx

J&R Landscaping
11-17-2006, 01:51 PM
It sucks that it did get stolen, but you got your moneies worth out of it after running with it for a year and a half. Have fun with the new redmax!

SamTheLawnMan
11-17-2006, 02:16 PM
I was just thinking that maybe the SOB that took it will use it and that leak you talked about in the gas tank will spill enough gas out and ignite the thing on his back....LMAO:blob2:

Beau Rivage
11-17-2006, 02:24 PM
That bites...but the first few times you use the Red Max I'm sure you'll probably be thanking him.:laugh: Everyone seems to love them.

Frontier-Lawn
11-17-2006, 02:42 PM
I was just thinking that maybe the SOB that took it will use it and that leak you talked about in the gas tank will spill enough gas out and ignite the thing on his back....LMAO:blob2:

and then sue you for haveing a fualty blower that he stole :laugh:

lawnguyland
11-17-2006, 03:38 PM
Redmax 8000 here I come!

You mean 8001!

That bites though about the thievin bastages.
Find him, shove the tube down his throat and fire it up!
He'll fart forever.

Of course the new,expensive blower will be indoors or locked -I hope.

newz7151
11-17-2006, 04:12 PM
and then sue you for haveing a fualty blower that he stole :laugh:

With no receipt or cancelled check... what's the proof of who it came from? But it'll probably end up in a pawn shop and be sold to somebody who has no clue about it anyway.

David C.
11-17-2006, 04:20 PM
I sat on a trial jury once --- the "accused" was accused of stealing a 4 wheeler --- prosecution said he was caught "red handed" ---- defense said "He didn't do it!!"

He pleaded guilty to a lesser charge of simple theft

I told the fella next to me --- "Dude! They ain't a 4 wheeler that can be stolen thats worth going to "The Big House!!"

The dude must've thought --- "This blower is worth gettin' shot(as in gun, Pow! Pow!) over!!!"

rodfather
11-17-2006, 04:20 PM
Ain't nothing lower than someone who steals a man's tool to support themselves. :mad:

huh
11-17-2006, 09:03 PM
I would like to see them crank it up and blow up from the gas leak as well :)

and if you sued me for that you would wake up with the fishes!

LawnBrother
11-18-2006, 12:15 AM
Sorry about your blower, man. Enjoy you new one though!

Envy Lawn Service
11-18-2006, 12:48 AM
Well that sucks, but it could have sucked worse.

Get yourself an 8001. Sounds like you are used to weight anyways and sounds like it will be a BIG upgrade for you. Make sure you get yourself a lock though, or a rack you can lock and a lock.

mcwlandscaping
11-18-2006, 12:55 AM
You mean 8001!

no....its an 8000....ebz8000

there is no 8001!!!

look at their site if you dont' believe me
http://www.redmax.com/productcart/pc/viewCat_h.asp?idCategory=7

lawnguyland
11-18-2006, 03:21 PM
no....its an 8000....ebz8000

there is no 8001!!!

look at their site if you dont' believe me
http://www.redmax.com/productcart/pc/viewCat_h.asp?idCategory=7

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight, that's why I OWN one! There are about ten gabajillion threads about them. They are real.

Desert Rose can't get one in cali because they like cleaner air for some strange reason!

LawnGuy73
11-18-2006, 03:27 PM
Not to be an assh*le or anything, but its kind of your own fault. At least once a month we read on here of someones stuff being stolen, and still eveyone is shocked that this happened to them. We are'nt living in 1950 anymore, lock your stuff up or this is what happens. :walking:

Uranus
11-18-2006, 03:37 PM
If he got you once HE"LL BE BACK FOR MORE! Now I hope you learned something from this. I'd be buying a motion sensor light and thanking your neighbors for the call too.

Turfcutters Plus
11-18-2006, 06:22 PM
Sorry to hear that.You will save SOOOOOOOOO much time with a new one!

lawncare4u
11-18-2006, 07:13 PM
Hate to hear you got ripped,but thet got screwed!I'd like to have seen their faces,come daylght!!:cool2: