PDA

View Full Version : Marketing Calendar

lsylvain
11-17-2006, 01:27 PM
I was wondering if anyone would be willing to share their marketing calendar with the rest of us?

SDNCLAWNCARE
11-20-2006, 03:06 AM
Yes please, this is some good information.

lsylvain
11-20-2006, 04:36 PM
I did mostly all commercial work with my old company so I didn't market to residential customers at all.

SDNCLAWNCARE
11-26-2006, 04:10 PM
I'm starting my marketing plan the first of January... I want to get my name out there soon as possible. Hopefully by April I'll have my 20 accounts.

Az Gardener
11-26-2006, 05:28 PM
Marketing calender brings two things to my mind.

1st a calender that lists the various marketing plans you have. What days they will get started etc. how long they will run and so on. I am of no help with this as I don't advertise. Sorry

The second thing I have considered but have not put together (probably because I spend too much time on lawnsite) is a calender with my clients homes as the pictures and maybe some gardening tips. So in addition to Christmas and the like on the day squares you could list things that are appropriate to your area. Like first recorded day of frost, time to fertilize citrus, time to seed wildflowers etc. You could give it to existing clients and if someone called you for a bid you could give them one too. This way your name is out there all year and has value to your prospective clients.

lawnspecialties
11-26-2006, 08:29 PM
The second thing I have considered but have not put together (probably because I spend too much time on lawnsite) is a calender with my clients homes as the pictures and maybe some gardening tips. So in addition to Christmas and the like on the day squares you could list things that are appropriate to your area. Like first recorded day of frost, time to fertilize citrus, time to seed wildflowers etc. You could give it to existing clients and if someone called you for a bid you could give them one too. This way your name is out there all year and has value to your prospective clients.

I started to do this last year by taking pictures of residential accounts at different times of the year. Sometimes, I'd get myself in the pic spreading fertilizer or something that would coincide with that particular month. Of course, got too danged busy and it just got forgotten too often.

One question though: Where's a good place to get this calendar made? A quality product is priority one but I don't want to break the bank if I don't have to. Thanks.:)

Az Gardener
11-27-2006, 01:20 AM
I started to do this last year by taking pictures of residential accounts at different times of the year. Sometimes, I'd get myself in the pic spreading fertilizer or something that would coincide with that particular month. Of course, got too danged busy and it just got forgotten too often.

One question though: Where's a good place to get this calendar made? A quality product is priority one but I don't want to break the bank if I don't have to. Thanks.:)

I think Kinkos does personalized calenders.

mrusk
11-27-2006, 03:57 PM
I've been working on my marketing plan for next year. I basically worte out 1-52 down a peice of paper and then worte down what i planned to due for marketing that week.

I'm still tweaking my plan but basically i start advertising the first week of January and do something every week until the end of June and then pickup again after labor day. My hardest hit is between March 1st and May 1st. I'm proably not going to be doing much advertising during the summer, because it seems like most people are away. I have had bad luck with all my advertising after June 15th.

I think it is real important to make a marketing plan and stick to it no matter what.

lsylvain
11-29-2006, 02:32 PM
That is kind of what I am thinking. Doing something each week throughout the year. Maybe even picking a day each week where I set time aside to do something with marketing. Maybe like 4 hours on Monday or somthing where the only thing I worry about is marketing. I have a targeted area of about 1000 homes that I want to advertise to at least once a month so I'm thinking that each week I would do something to hit 250 of these homes either with hangers, postcards, or something along that line, then do some broad spectrum marketing. What I would really like to know is if anyone has figured out when the ideal times to advertise different services is. ie should we be marketing for Fall clean ups 2 weeks before the leaves start falling or as the leaves start falling. I also used to pick up quite a bit of business in mid summers (commercial) from people whos current provider quit showing up or was doing a bad job is this not true for residential, would it not be wise to do a mid summer "does you current lawn guy suck, call me instead campaign?" I've also thought about trying some "silly" advertising that might stick in people's minds like advertising for snow removal in August in a joking manor in the hopes that people will simply rembember you because of the funny ad.