PDA

View Full Version : Hustler vs. ExMark

CatholicLawnie
11-17-2006, 09:49 PM
Why did you guys choose HUstler over Exmark? I'm not trying to start a flame war or anything, I was just wondering. I'm torn between these two and I wanted some professional advice!:drinkup:

mowerconsultant
11-17-2006, 10:09 PM
Compare feature to feature, components and demo demo demo !!!
I am sure many will chime in on this.

Pj

HDFF03
11-18-2006, 12:29 AM
I demoed Exmark, Scag, and Hustler. As a homeowner/user I felt the Hustler frame was built stronger/better (want it to last 15+ years). Check the ease of maintenance on the Hustler (oil changes, lube points, etc.) compared to Exmark. I also like how the brakes engaged on the Hustler as compared to the Exmark CT I looked at.
I spent at least 6 months reading these forums trying to decide which one to buy. It was a tough decision to spend $6,000+ on a lawn mower. I ended up buying a Hustler Z 23/60 and took delivery today. I think I made the right choice for the mower I will be using for the next 15 or so years on my 3 acres.

tomo
11-18-2006, 05:37 AM

Pj

hello, the first to produce a diesel line up worth talking about u will have my vote . Any chance u could look at diesel grasshoppers as an example ,they have it sorted but dealer 4 g/h and hustler not within 14 hrs drive oh well !
Eventually chose exmark/toro and waiting with anticipapation 4 the day after warranty finishes. Oh did i mention a diff engine ..

A suggestion might be direct injection diesel and then u will be the trend setter! small capacity light weight, great fuel economy and good emissions and good power.
Hustler appears to be a forward thinking company which is good and that 66inch deck has me envious...drooling. If it was a gaser choice i would have been at your front door .

tomo:waving:

John Gamba
11-18-2006, 07:08 AM
Demo,Demo,Demo. God Bless:) Oh make sure the mowers match up in horse power and deck size.

lawnspecialties
11-18-2006, 08:54 PM
For me it was plain and simple, the dealer. My Hustler dealer is top notch. The Exmark dealer was an azz. I think the Exmark dealer now is more customer oriented but too late.

lawncare4u
11-19-2006, 11:51 AM

Pj

Well said,my friend!:weightlifter:

gps_jetskier
11-20-2006, 09:20 AM
When I was looking at Z's I looked at all sorts. Some I took off my list right at the start because of deck and frame build quality / design. Most mowers I've seen over the years had died from rotting decks. I wanted an tough deck. That meant a serious frame to take the weight then too. John Deere had a small frame members. Liked that 7 iron deck design though. Not sure if the concept really worked or not. Scag seemed to have extra gussets, and doubled up frame beams, and stuff that seemed superfluous. I liked what I read of Great Dane, but no dealers near me (heard JD bought them). Looks at some others too, Toro, and some small names. I ended up settling on Exmark and Hustler. Loved them both really. Good frames, great decks, liked the red, hated the grey fenders that turn brown. Hustler seemed to have a more straight forward design. It didn't seem over engineered for what it was. Everything had a purpose and did just what it was supose to. In the end, Hustler had a better price, and there was a last years model to boot. ...SOLD. Personally, after driving my uncles Exmark some this summer, I'm sure you can't go wrong with either.

gpshemi

A.D Services
11-21-2006, 12:23 AM
yup demoing is the key. (btw....i loved the mini fastrak it was one awesome machine) you should definitly demo both brands. i would go with hustler they have just as good of machines(if not better) but for a lower price. i would have bought a hustler if you they had a stand-on. but for my lawns i found the Super surfer was more efficient. i demoed the exark lazer, fastrak, great dane chariot and SS, and toro.

Gautreaux's LNG
11-21-2006, 09:47 AM
Drive the two, Hustler SmoothTrak Steering is far superior to Exmark.

Hustler Z and Super Z's have 7 gauge decks with additional 10 gauge reinforment at the spindles. Exmark deck has 10 gauge top plate w/ 10 gauge reinforcements, 7 gauge skirt.

Hustler has a better warranty..

puppypaws
11-25-2006, 09:00 PM
I cut 15 acres a week (sometimes every 5 days) this cost me money it does not make me money like the ones that cut for a living. I have not had any experience with an Exmark but I can promise you I will cut a lot more in an hour with the 28 efi 66" Super Z than you will with a comparable Exmark because of the difference in ground speed. I cut at 15 mph. in every area I can turn it loose and I have a lot of wide open areas to mow, the Super Z's I have owned are as tough as a anvil and I give them no slack at all. I trade about every year but I like this new one so much with the 28 efi that I am going to run it another year. This mower runs absolutely perfect and I decided I could get a new one and it probably wouldn't run as good as the one I have and I am positive it could not run better. The Hustler is built low to the ground and holds slopes very well, a Dixie Chopper and Bad Boy also claim to have a 15 mph. cutting speed but if you put them side by side I think you can see the difference in the strength of the components. I feel assured the Exmark is an excellent mower I just don't need to spend any more time than I already have to on a mower.