PDA

View Full Version : I think I've got your bobcat backhoe beat now Hayes

Dirty Water
11-17-2006, 10:44 PM
We maintain and install the irrigation on a large condo complex and assisted living facility that is several hundred acres. This winter we are going to add irrigation for another 24 condo's. The place provides us with enough work to keep a crew busy off and on all year long.

Since a lot of our mainlines are quite deep, the ground is miserably rocky, and there is still development going on, the owner of the place has a Ford 555 backhoe that we've put to good use instead of using the typical chain trencher.

I just heard today that they purchased a new Kubota KX-121 exclusively for us and the landscapers to use. 12" and 24" dig bucket, 36" toothless clean up, and a thumb. I'll probably never haul a chain trencher to the site again.

Now if they would just let me take it to other jobs

http://www.jenningsequipment.com/images/rentkx1213.JPG

Not the actual unit, I haven't got a picture yet.

koster_irrigation
11-18-2006, 05:22 PM
those things are the biggest time savers. i love ripping out old overgrown bushes and digging for french drains with them!

YardPro
11-18-2006, 06:21 PM
those 121's are really nice. they have a lot of nice features.... an angle agjustable blade, auto idle down, etc.

Kartanimal29
11-25-2006, 11:05 AM
Verry nice machine there. I used on a dirt job a few years back. There great for them tight area's and have alot of power for a small machine.

PurpHaze
11-25-2006, 11:12 AM
I see the blade but where's the "front end loader" bucket? ... and auger??? ... and concrete breaker bar???:)

Nice machine Jon. Talk them into getting the necessary accessories.