PDA

View Full Version : I need some opinions on The Walker mowers...

boog502
11-18-2006, 01:39 AM
I am going to be starting a new company soon, and am looking for the best equipment possible. I have heard good things about the Walker's but would like to hear more opinions...

Ron's Lawncare
11-18-2006, 06:39 AM
Walkers are great mowers for properties under an acre. they shine on highly landscaped properties with a lot of beds to mow around. the thing i like the most is being able to trim on both sides of the deck. they also produce one of the finest cuts in the business.

J Hisch
11-18-2006, 07:31 AM
just what Ron said. BUt also the lonevity of the machine is a huge factor. I know many owners who use them with 2500-3000hrs on them and they are still able to sell then at a good used price. You can also buy a larger deck for larger properties. The intial investment will be higher but the ability you will have will surpass competiors who dont have one. Cleanups are a breeze try it with a mid mount, and a mulch kit..I dont think you will be sorry. We own 2 of them right now. one on each crew.

J Hisch
11-18-2006, 07:33 AM
I just now saw you are in Newburgh.....HI neighbor, Dont buy a walker.......

mmacsek
11-18-2006, 09:01 AM
Which models(deck size,horsepower) do you use? I have been toying with the idea for a while. Thanks Matt

J Hisch
11-18-2006, 09:14 AM
26hp only, main reason is I run 62 inch decks and mulching decks. I also buy the heavier gear box for commercial use. I run the walkers hard during leaf season. But I know of a few who mow with the 20hp units. Buying your main peice of equipment there is no room for trying to save money.

bobcat175
11-18-2006, 09:27 AM
If you need to do any hills with them....I would pass. But strengths as already stated..trim on both sides, great vacuum/cleanup, large hopper size, excellent cut.

boog502
11-21-2006, 12:21 AM
Thanks for all the help Guys. I still have a bit before I buy so any more suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks Again

mojob
11-21-2006, 11:32 AM
Don't forget about all the attachments you can put on these mowers. I have one of their aerators and a snow plow. Both work great. I live close to their factory here in CO. It's family owned and they are great people that care about their customers. If it's going to be your first and only mower, I'd buy the Walker.

crzymow
11-21-2006, 06:58 PM
I love the one i bought used this past spring, I am in the process of looking for another used one, may just bite the bullet and buy a new one, wont need it till next april anyhow. I definitly love it.

Willofalltrades
11-21-2006, 07:32 PM
Having the Walker built my business because people like the end result so much. I'll be back to give a better reply.