PDA

View Full Version : Blade Blocker

superbee
11-18-2006, 08:32 AM
Anybody had any experience with blade blockers? I know Trimmer Trap makes one. Any other manufacturers? I need one for my Ferris ZTR. Thanks.

jkingrph
11-18-2006, 08:40 AM
Do you mean to change blades. If so Scag has one called blade buddy, slips over sharp edge and blocks blade against deck for removal of blade bolt/nut.

MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE
11-18-2006, 09:27 AM
We bought five this season, 4 from trimmer trap one from j thomas they are a real time saver.

Godfather
11-18-2006, 11:28 AM
i have Scags, but sometimes the bolt will just slip and not lossen?

jkingrph
11-18-2006, 12:54 PM
i have Scags, but sometimes the bolt will just slip and not lossen?
Use wrench on bolt head as well as one on nut!!

MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE
11-18-2006, 12:56 PM
Dixie chopper comes as standard equipment on there machines,why can't the rest do this.

Runner
11-18-2006, 04:22 PM
Not to change blades, he's referring to an OCDC. Yes, there are other manufacturers out there. Other than the one by yorksheet, I can't think of any off hand, but there are several members who have them from all manufacturers. One of the widely advertised ones is the one that has the electric actuator, but it is rather pricet, and complicated - as that there is more to go wrong with them. There have been people who have it that have had motor troubles with them. The motors are rather high priced for replacement, but someone did some research and found out exactly what model motor it is (it is a power window motor for a car). Anyway, these are the sort of things where simpler is better, in my opinion.

superbee
11-19-2006, 06:29 AM
You're right. I meant an OCDC. I found one made by Power Chute Design that looks pretty good but it is electrically controlled. I'll keep looking. Thanks.

LawnScapers of Dayton
11-19-2006, 07:12 AM
www.advancedchutesystems.com....

I have this on my Stander....easy install and works great....

brucec32
02-12-2007, 07:21 PM
I have the blade blocker on a Gravely 144z. A promising design for uncommon brands of mowers. But I have not been able to figure out how to adjust the mechanism so that it will close smoothly. The nearly complete lack of specific instructions on how to make adjustments and the "one size fits all" design are the problem. If it only had an "EZ CHUTE" style control handle it'd work flawlessly. Even the hardware included was all wrong. And I mean almost all wrong. The instructions refered to parts that just weren't in the bag. I had to put it together using my own hardware.

Hopefully I can figure it out eventually.

MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE
02-12-2007, 07:24 PM
Godfather we weld where the bolt is at it will loosen.