PDA

View Full Version : I got the greatest offer.

Shawns Lawns
11-18-2006, 11:31 AM
I received a call from my brother and he asked if i could come cleanup his leaves. He said that he would be paying someone and thought it would be nice to keep the money in the family. He has an apartment and his landlord did not cleanup so he would pay me and then collect from the landlord. He also said that there is not much to cleanup and that it should not take me that long. So if i want the job he is offering $10..................thats right just $10. A long pause was then ended with i am pretty busy with my paying customers and if i need the money i will be over. :dizzy:

DaughtryLC
11-18-2006, 01:57 PM
Always beware when working for or with family! I think their's a thin line between customers and family/favorers!!

TURFLORD
11-18-2006, 02:34 PM
And you turned him down? I can't imagine what I'd do with that much money!:rolleyes:

Fantasy Lawns
11-18-2006, 03:19 PM
Tell him you'll be right over with a gallon of gas n a pack of matches

WildWest
11-18-2006, 03:36 PM
Yachts and mansions are RIGHT AROUND THE CORNER!!!!
Yes SIR, That's BIGTIME, upper class... Lobster and wine for all! :laugh:

$10.00..... that's not even worth looking for my truck keys! You should have said his phone call is a 10 dollar charge!

DLCS
11-18-2006, 03:41 PM
....and to believe people actually think that we only charge $10 to clean up leaves.:laugh: :laugh:

richard1103
11-18-2006, 03:59 PM
i bet your brother voted for bush

Runner
11-18-2006, 04:10 PM
Where's he at..I'll drive over and do it. I want to talk to the landlord first, and make sure hell pay the whole amount.

lawnwizards
11-18-2006, 11:09 PM
i bet your brother voted for bush
who'd you vote for? hillary clinton? :dizzy:

Josh.S
11-18-2006, 11:59 PM
who'd you vote for? hillary clinton? :dizzy:

OWNED!:cool2:

sildoc
11-19-2006, 12:28 AM
Wouldn't think of taking a penny from family. Although I do expect them to help me as much as they possibley can and have an nice cold drink when we are done. I provide equiptment and expertise and they help. No employees. Just us and as much as they can do. You never know when you will need their expertise.
this is when I have time. Provide food and living for family first and then help.

However 10.00 is an insult and because it was my brother would provide the thrashing he deserves.

Raven386
11-19-2006, 12:45 AM
give me his number ill do it for $7.49!!

work_it
11-19-2006, 02:04 AM
Wow! $10... I charge $30 to place a bid. If they hire me on the spot I drop the estimate fee and charge them my regular rate for the clean up, but it's really helped to eliminate the tire kickers and cheapskates who have nothing better than to waste my time.

evergreenedmond
11-19-2006, 02:08 AM
I have been sending a crew by my sister's house on a weekly basis since her & her husband bought the house & I've never sent an invoice. That being said if she offered to give me $10 for a leaf job I think I wou;d give her a fi$h kick. I just think you should do work for family for free, but if a sibling was to offer a ridiculous amount of money for something they needed done I would make sure that they never lived it down. I'm assuming you & your brother are close. BTW my sister's lawn is the nicest in her neighborhood.

Big Bad Bob
11-19-2006, 03:19 AM
Wouldn't think of taking a penny from family.
However 10.00 is an insult and because it was my brother would provide the thrashing he deserves.
I have been sending a crew by my sister's house on a weekly basis since her & her husband bought the house & I've never sent an invoice. I just think you should do work for family for free,

he wouldn't have been working for his bro. he would have been working for the landlord through proxy.

ps been doing my mother's for the last 2 years for no charge. she has tried but i refuse to take any money. last year my usual birthday present went waaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyy up in value. she knows i can't morally turn down a birthday present.

Shawns Lawns
11-19-2006, 08:07 AM
I would not normally mind helping out family but my brother makes alot more than i do and he pleads poverty every day. With that said he called and told me yesterday that he and his wife bought a house and he is thinking of hiring me to do the lawn if my price is right.:laugh: Maybe i should have told him i will accept your lawn if you are offering enough to cut it.

J&R Landscaping
11-19-2006, 06:24 PM
I will usually help family out for free or $20 bucks to cover gas and such. That situation is a toughy though, you want to help but $10 bucks is an insult.

nobagger
11-19-2006, 06:58 PM
I hear ya! My Uncle gipped me out of about $160.00, he moved to Virginia and a week later when he came back he said we didn't do this or that. Funny thing is he never called me the next week to ask me about anything, but he finally wrote me a letter 5 months later.