PDA

View Full Version : They Should All Be This Easy

STONE SCAPES
11-18-2006, 12:53 PM
HERE'S A WALL WE DID THIS YEAR. LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK. CONTACTOR CALLED ME TO CLEAN OUT THE BACK YARD. 1 30 YARD DUMPSTER LATER AND A FEW YARDS OF FILL AND SOME WALL BLOCK. WAS GREAT NO LAWN YET [NO RESEEDING :clapping: ].

STONE SCAPES
11-18-2006, 12:56 PM
Here's Some More Pic's

Dirty Water
11-18-2006, 01:47 PM
I think the far right section of the wall (The round area next to the steps) is far to close to that tree.

I also think the drains pointing out are quite ugly, Core drilling and using a ornamental cover makes a BIG difference.

That said, wall looks good and good job on the clean up, How much time and what machines did you use?

ACutAbovesiny
11-18-2006, 02:13 PM
What are the plans for that raised deck?? It appears to have a space for steps. or its just not finished.

Ron's Lawncare
11-18-2006, 02:59 PM
why wouldn't they just bring in fill and slope the yard to the back? it looks like a strange place to put a wall in the middle of the yard. but it is a nice wall. the steps look nice

tylermckee
11-18-2006, 05:20 PM
I think the far right section of the wall (The round area next to the steps) is far to close to that tree.

http://www.lawnsite.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=68293&d=1163872082

I think it will be alright

Dirty Water
11-18-2006, 06:29 PM
Yeah, from that angle you can see the distance, On this one it looks like it was right in front of the wall.

http://www.lawnsite.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=68296&d=1163872496

My goof.

STONE SCAPES
11-18-2006, 08:52 PM
Thanks For The Reply's Used A Kabotu L 35 To Do Clean Up. Took A Day With Just Me And Stacking The Wood In The Dumpster Neatly. The Tree IS A Good Five Feet Away From The Wall. When Posting Photo Knew That Would Come Up. Stairs Had Not Been Put On Deck Yet When Pic Was Taken. Drains Where Cut Back And Capped Next Day Forgot To Take Pic. To Answer Sloping The Yard. By Putting In The Wall Gave The Customer More Use Of The Yard. Two Level Spaces. No Chasing The Ball Down The Hill[lol].

Mike33
11-18-2006, 10:55 PM
Job looks goog. The only thing i would of done different on the left wall left side. I would of stepped wall back in to bank so the ends wasent showing except some of top course and cap. This is only my personel preference not a negative reply to your work.
Mike

STONE SCAPES
11-19-2006, 01:12 AM
Job looks goog. The only thing i would of done different on the left wall left side. I would of stepped wall back in to bank so the ends wasent showing except some of top course and cap. This is only my personel preference not a negative reply to your work.
Mike

THE CONTRACTOR THAT BUILT IT JUST SOLD IT AS I WAS JUST FINISHING THE WALL. BUYER HAD THE BUILDER LAY STONE ON TOP OF WALL FOR HIS DOG WITH A PENN UNDER THE DECK. BUILDER LAYED MULCH ON THIS AREA WE CLEAND OUT.

STONE SCAPES
11-19-2006, 01:53 AM
MIKE THANKS FOR THE INPUT AND THANKS EVERYONE ELSE HOW HAS HAD INPUT:drinkup: HERS WAS A JOB I DID IN SIX WEEKS OF RAIN WAS ONLY GOIN TO TAKE THREE WEEKS. RAIN FOR THREE WEEKS O'WELL:realmad: INPUT ALWAYS WELCOME.

STONE SCAPES
11-19-2006, 01:57 AM
Next Step Get The Job

LawnScapers of Dayton
11-19-2006, 07:17 AM
I like the wall.......nice job....

the deck is rediculously small....... Can a table and chairs even fit on it comfortably.......

jkingrph
11-19-2006, 09:00 AM
Wall looks better than house. Notice waves in siding.

YardPro
11-19-2006, 06:32 PM
caps are killing my eyes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

STONE SCAPES
11-19-2006, 08:26 PM
Here Some Finished Pic's

STONE SCAPES
11-19-2006, 08:29 PM
The Hard Work Pays Off In The End

STONE SCAPES
11-19-2006, 08:36 PM
There Was Alot Of Hard Work With This One

STONE SCAPES
11-19-2006, 08:38 PM
Still Have More Pics

STONE SCAPES
11-19-2006, 08:42 PM
:blob2: P.s. The Sod Came In Great. Pic's Show It Burned That Was Do To The Sod Sitting On The Pallet For A Day. Waiting On Sprinkler Guy To Come. Wanted Choke Him When He Finally Came Two Days Late.:blob2:

STONE SCAPES
11-19-2006, 10:35 PM
Mike

CONTACTOR WAS HAVING HIS LANDSCAPING GUY LOAM AND HYDRO.
TURNED INTO 3/4 ROCK AND CHEAP MULCH FOR THE NEW HOME OWNERS DOG.

YardPro
11-20-2006, 07:19 AM
nice work. looks great

But turn off the caps....it makes your post hard to read.

caps are like yelling when posting on a forum.

also i see i have a pm for me, but i cannot acess my pm box right now.

STONE SCAPES
11-20-2006, 08:18 AM
:cool2: :cool2: It was a question about the caps I thought you ment thi wall:cool2: :cool2:

YardPro
11-21-2006, 03:26 PM
lol...

wall caps look fine. i was refering to the typing...LOL

i thought you did a good job on the wall. I agree with the drainpipe suggestion, i don't care for the large gap on top of the pipe. I would be afraid that you could loose material out of there over time.

but overall i think it looks good.

Allure
11-21-2006, 03:42 PM
http://www.lawnsite.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=68293&d=1163872082

I think it will be alright

adding fill to a tree's root zone can seriously impact its health. the effects may not show for a while but they will eventually. Tree roots need oxygen, so covering them with large amounts of fill (in some cases even a few inches)
will harm the tree. Not to mention the effects of soil compaction from the equipment used.
just a thought

cgland
11-22-2006, 04:26 PM
I think the design was pretty good, but your radii and your curves are way off. Do you measure anything out or do you just "eye" it up?

Chris

STONE SCAPES
11-23-2006, 10:46 AM
I think the design was pretty good, but your radii and your curves are way off. Do you measure anything out or do you just "eye" it up?

Chris

To witch job are you refering to the wall or the patio?:drinkup: Would love to have any input.

cgland
11-24-2006, 12:32 PM
I am referring to the patio.

Chris

STONE SCAPES
11-24-2006, 01:24 PM
I am referring to the patio.

Chris

love some help where could i fix it.

cgland
11-24-2006, 04:34 PM
I think everyone has pretty much summed it up. Smoother curves, more precise radii, etc. I think you are on the right track, but your work is a bit rough around the edges (no pun intended) LOL! Experience and networking go a long way. ICPI only gives you enough info to be able to lay pavers. Field experience and suggestions from others will teach you how to become a better "fit and finisher"

Chris

Ron's Lawncare
11-24-2006, 06:46 PM
i like the patio but that huge tree ring in the middle seems out of scale. i takes up way to much space. i agree the walkway radii dosen't look right. how does the homeowner like it? that's really all that matters. i cut back a some shrubs earlier this fall and i thought it looked like crap but the customer thought it was great. ;)

STONE SCAPES
11-27-2006, 09:34 AM
i like the patio but that huge tree ring in the middle seems out of scale. i takes up way to much space. i agree the walkway radii dosen't look right. how does the homeowner like it? that's really all that matters. i cut back a some shrubs earlier this fall and i thought it looked like crap but the customer thought it was great. ;)

hey guys thanks for all the tips. The tree in the middle of the patio was a must keep [customer]. The size of the ring was to give roots room and to and plantings. We made the hight of the ring to what the customer wanted for seating. The radius was all fine tune to what the customer wanted.

I love all the input. as we all know theirs is more then one way to skin a cat. As long as the customer is happy.

We speak to the customer every mourning to see if they have any question. This way the customer feels involved and it saves any problems for coming up when your done.:cool2: