PDA

View Full Version : My Equipment

eZrider
11-19-2006, 12:48 AM
Hey guys, been lurking here/learning for about a year. I started my business in July 2005. Never could have done it without the advice of the pros around here, just wish I would have looked into the leaf removal posts a little closer, had to learn the hard way this year.....lol. Thought I would post some pice of my equipment and officially introduce myself.

TheTrooper
11-19-2006, 01:55 AM
I am loving that truck! :cool2:

apowell18
11-19-2006, 01:59 AM
Thanks for buying Ford...good setup...welcome

DoetschOutdoor
11-19-2006, 02:12 AM
"Very Nice" in the Borat voice

robbo521
11-19-2006, 02:39 AM
real nice!like the trailer.

mcwlandscaping
11-19-2006, 09:57 PM
really like the trailer!!!!!!!!

ALarsh
11-19-2006, 09:58 PM
Looks pretty much like my setup. Looks good.

B&M
11-19-2006, 10:12 PM
very "clean" setup

Uranus
11-19-2006, 10:15 PM
Looks like your off to a good start. That's probably your personal truck too. I'd look into buying a company truck in the future so you don't look like a part timer. Best of luck out there. Do you care to tell us why you mentioned that you should have looked into the leaf removal post a little closer? Looks like you know one of the keys to having a successful business- organization, Trailer looks very organized.

josh1981
11-19-2006, 10:23 PM
nice trailer. I see stihl and toro, good choices. Where in GA? Im in cumming.

W.L.S.27
11-19-2006, 10:38 PM
Lookn' good man.. looks like your going in the right direction. Best of luck!
-Chris

KS_Grasscutter
11-20-2006, 12:52 AM
Nice stuff! Love the trailer. And just a tip, it may help to have the lights plugged in and the safety chains hooked up:) . LOL, j/k, just had to be a smart***. Looks like a very nice, clean setup. Everything seems to "go together" or something.

How you like your stihl trimmers? I may be in the market for a string trimmer next season (IF I make it through the winter without having to sell out or something stupid like that because I suck at saving money:hammerhead: ). I know it will be either a Stihl or an Echo. Have Stihl blower and edger, but the blower leaves a lot to be desired when it comes to starting it either in the heat, or after it has been running a lot, then sitting like 5 mins.

eZrider
11-20-2006, 09:32 AM
very "clean" setup

LOL...I thought someone might give me a hard time about that. I really cleaned everything up when I got the new trailer.

eZrider
11-20-2006, 09:35 AM
nice trailer. I see stihl and toro, good choices. Where in GA? Im in cumming.

Thanks, I'm in Rockdale

eZrider
11-20-2006, 09:49 AM
How you like your stihl trimmers? I may be in the market for a string trimmer next season (IF I make it through the winter without having to sell out or something stupid like that because I suck at saving money:hammerhead: ). I know it will be either a Stihl or an Echo. Have Stihl blower and edger, but the blower leaves a lot to be desired when it comes to starting it either in the heat, or after it has been running a lot, then sitting like 5 mins.

I have been very happy with the Stihl equipment. Only problems I have had were the coils going out on both the trimmer and edger within a month of one another but my dealer took care of it. I think the 340 blower is a little under powered but I had it before I started my business. You might want to check the coil on you blower if it's hard to start when hot. That's the same problem I was having.

S man
11-20-2006, 07:18 PM
Let me guess.
Toro master z
Exmark metrohp
Toro super recycler
Stihl
fs80r
fc75
fs90r 100rx 110r?
br340

BSDeality
11-20-2006, 07:25 PM
Looks like your off to a good start. That's probably your personal truck too. I'd look into buying a company truck in the future so you don't look like a part timer...his truck is perfectly fine for the job. There is no point in dumping big bucks into a big truck if all you're doing is mowing lawns. a v8 half ton is plenty "not part timer". I would hope it has brakes though

Nice setup you've got there. ignore the haters. You'll go far with that setup.

J&R Landscaping
11-20-2006, 11:52 PM
Set-up looks great! Is that wb a metro hp or turf tracer hp?

S man
11-21-2006, 12:19 AM
Set-up looks great! Is that wb a metro hp or turf tracer hp?

It's a metro hp.

Lawn Enforcer
11-21-2006, 07:33 PM
Nice set-up. Maybe look into trailer signs or something to look even more professional. I think the set-up looks professional already. Keep up the good work!

W.L.S.27
11-21-2006, 07:54 PM
That exmark WB sure looks like a TTHP to me (except for no hydro's) I've never seen anything like that before. Can anyone give me some more info on it. When did they start putting floating decks on metros??? Cant seem to find it on exmarks site.

-Chris

S man
11-21-2006, 07:55 PM
That exmark WB sure looks like a TTHP to me (except for no hydro's) I've never seen anything like that before. Can anyone give me some more info on it. When did they start putting floating decks on metros??? Cant seem to find it on exmarks site.

-Chris

That is a metrohp. Exmark does not make them anymore.

eZrider
11-21-2006, 08:51 PM
Nice set-up. Maybe look into trailer signs or something to look even more professional. I think the set-up looks professional already. Keep up the good work!

I actually had magnetic signs on the truck but they both blew off going down the road never to the be seen again. I'm having more signs made to attach to the trailer. No more magnets.

Jarred's Lawn Care
11-25-2006, 10:48 PM
do you have a leveling kit on that truck?? I have a 04' fx4 and mine doesn't sag at all.

AndyTblc
11-25-2006, 11:13 PM
Nice looking set up on the trailer. Nice big tool box on the front. Good looking truck, but you know what would look better? A nice red Chevy. You know what they say., Buy Chevy or don't buy at all.

eZrider
11-28-2006, 12:13 AM
do you have a leveling kit on that truck?? I have a 04' fx4 and mine doesn't sag at all.

No leveling kit. I would like to get some SuperSprings to get rid of the sag. Does the FX4 have stronger springs? Mine is actually an XL with FX4 wheels.

Nice looking set up on the trailer. Nice big tool box on the front. Good looking truck, but you know what would look better? A nice red Chevy. You know what they say., Buy Chevy or don't buy at all.

I had an 03 Z-71 before I got the F-150. I traded it after many 4WD and electrical problems. On the other hand I have had problems with the Ford too and the AC is nearly worthless on a hot GA day (two dealers told me this was normal???). Seems like I'm just a magnet for lemons :dizzy:

Wish I had my old 89 GMC back, 245K miles when I sold it to buy the Z-71.

Grass-Masters
12-02-2006, 11:53 PM
Nice looking rig, wish I could keep mine that clean.

RedMax Man
12-03-2006, 09:47 AM
Nice truck, trailer, and equipment. You can't miss that truck coming down the road:cool2: . I have the green touch racks too.