PDA

View Full Version : How often to cut???

Integrity
06-21-2001, 08:08 AM
I have a question. I have a customer that is wanting me to cut a property twice a week. Once on Tuesday and again on Friday. I know that I should just cut the grass and collect the cash, but I am VERY concerned that cutting this often will damage the turf. Do you guys have any insight on this?? And where might I find out more information about the damage/stress that would be put on this grass due to cutting this often. I REALLY concerned that this might kill the grass, and then the customer will be angry because the grass is dead. HELP!!!:confused:

LAWNGODFATHER
06-21-2001, 08:29 AM
as long as it's not too hot you should be ok

in the spring if you cut it more it should thicken up better

I cut my yard every other day till the temp stays above 90% - 95% during the day and then I cut it twice a week

remember your lawn is your trademark and mine is the best in the sub.
dark green and perfectly cut smooth like a carpet the way it should be

oh ya I cut a lot of clients twice a week it's good for the poket book and trimming is easyer

MOW ED
06-21-2001, 08:30 AM
If it is a healthy lawn that is getting adequate water and fertilizer and it is growing there is no harm in cutting it often as long as you are cutting it to the normal height for whatever type of grass you have at this time of year.

I have a customer that has me do the same thing for KY blue and red fescue mix that I maintain. I mulch the grass and every 4 days I am there and it is cut to 3". I fertilize the lawn so I control the N. There has been an overabundance of rain for this year and the days and nights have been relatively cool. Once the dormant season comes (if it does) I will reduce the cuttings to once every 7 to 10 days.
Good Luck.

awm
06-21-2001, 08:46 AM
cutting wont hurt as the others said. but excessive traffic on the turf can. just move it around a little.some grasses are affected by this more than others.

bassngrasser13
07-21-2001, 02:11 AM
What you should do is tell him that if the grass dies that it is not your fault. I would mow it twice a week, pull in the cash

vipermanz
07-21-2001, 03:40 AM
I personally cut mine 3 times a week:D

geogunn
07-21-2001, 07:22 AM
I used to cut my own grass twice a week resulting in no ill effect.

but then I got over it. still I have the best cared for lawn in my part of the country.

GEO

guntruck
07-21-2001, 09:58 AM
Just keep in mind that rotating cut patterns is imortant. Depending on the grass type and the amount of precip you guys are getting if you cut using the same pattern you will rut up the lawn if your using commercial equipment. Good luck