PDA

View Full Version : Care Free tires, warranties?

sailinstud420
11-19-2006, 03:42 PM
I have care free tires on the front casters of my 52" TT, the other day I turned it on the pavement and it shredded the tire right off the rim, do these have warranties on them? Anyone ever had similar experiences? how much do new ones cost?

I bought the mower used, so I don't know much about them... Feel free to fill me in.

DaughtryLC
11-19-2006, 04:19 PM
I've seen them on eBay. Try their. So much for care free!!

sailinstud420
11-19-2006, 08:57 PM
yeah, i just got through taking it off the rim, it is definitely a goner. Now the question is, does anyone know the stock size stuff for a 2000 52" TT (not hp and not ecs)?

mow2nd
11-19-2006, 09:11 PM
ummmmmmmmmmm, i dont think u had a care free tire on it. i have been using them since they came out and have never had a problem. Maybe whoever sold you the mower took his care free tires off and the original tires back on, carefree tires are not cheap

IRRITECH
11-19-2006, 09:15 PM
yeah, i just got through taking it off the rim, it is definitely a goner. Now the question is, does anyone know the stock size stuff for a 2000 52" TT (not hp and not ecs)?

Check the manufactures website. You can get a parts diagram for almost every piece of equipment we use.

ed2hess
11-20-2006, 06:46 PM
I believe Scag says flat free......not care free. Warranty guestion will be interesting...doubt it though sorta like belts.

sailinstud420
11-20-2006, 11:15 PM
nope, they don't want to stand behind them. The guy i talked to on the phone was a real #(*&#$ too. He asked me if my car tire were to fall apart if I would bring it back and expect a new one? I told him yes and he was dumbfounded, but don't worry, they have a "puncture free gaurantee." If someone can explain how you puncture a solid piece of foam let me know.... what a joke.

You guys should see this thing, it just completely fell apart, there is a inner "tube" type piece of rubber that keeps it on the rim and that completely unattached itself from the rest of the tire. I guess I won't be buying another one, and I recommend you do the same... go by a zero flat, anything has to be better than carefree.

mow2nd
11-21-2006, 08:01 AM
I been using carefree tires since they came out....and i have never had a problem. How can u complain about the tires when you didnt buy them??? You bought the mower from a guy who told you they were care free tires.

topsites
11-21-2006, 09:56 AM
Please be more careful when buying equipment.

Watch out for those wannabe used car salesmen, anytime folks start making a big ado about nothing, you know: 'heeey LOOK it has carefree tires' you need to think to yourself 'Who cares!?' and start walking.

A machine like that, if it's sold 'as is' should SELL 'as is.'
You should be able to look at it in peace and quiet, the only thing the seller should be doing is answering your questions with short factual answers.
If they start shoving it down your throat or pushing it on you, then it's no longer 'as is.'

The use of superlatives in sales is a common tactic, thou the wary buyer will know to watch out for these, as it tends to be a general indication the machine is likely overpriced, the seller is thus justifying the price.

At least it was just the tires...
What if he had sold you a 'seize free' motor? :)

sailinstud420
11-21-2006, 08:26 PM
that wasn't my point, I am smart enough to know what I am buying. The tires say carefree on them.... I was simply suggesting that maybe the company is not worthy of anyones business if they can't stand behind their product. Someone explain to me what good the puncture free warrantee is?