PDA

View Full Version : vacuums?

unionlawns
11-19-2006, 05:20 PM
looking to buy new walk behind lawn vacuum?the new billy goat looks nice or how about little wonder?looking for feedback!:confused:

J&R Landscaping
11-19-2006, 06:17 PM
I have a billy goat kd-512 vac. It's a pretty good machine but I mainly just use a mower and bag.

greeneyes
11-19-2006, 06:41 PM
I just bought the Billy Goat KD512 last week & used it 2 days so far. It helped alot because we had a ton of rain. The weight of the 60" zero turn with the bagger attached would have destroyed the lawn. We still had to blow with backpacks (even the wb blower would have left ruts in some spots) but it beat blowing & raking onto tarps. I'd empty a few loads onto a tarp & then my helper would drag the tarp with an old JD mower. I ordered a spare bag the first day so I can switch quicker & let my helper empty it. The new bag I ordered didn't come with handle attachment-so that's on order now! But I think this can help speed things up too. So far, I think it was an excellent investment. The property really did look "vacuumed". I also didn't feel the usual wear and tear on my bones at the end of a typical leaf removal day. I'll come back with more comments after doing a few more jobs this week. I know it's not going to work at every job.

nobagger
11-19-2006, 06:49 PM
We have the Little Wonder and it does just ok. It will clog in a second in damp or wet conditions, and the weak 6.5hp Briggs is not impressive. I think Billy Goat modified theirs this year. One nice thing about ours is we bought a 12' extention hose for flower beds and when its dry out it really makes short work of them.

lawnguyland
11-19-2006, 07:10 PM
I like my billy goat. I've got extra bags too. Just try to get any big sticks out of the leaves. It will clog with a stick once in a while, but it's no big deal to unclog-turn off, pull out stick/leaves-restart. Go honda engine. It's great for cleaning up tight areas, curbs, etc