PDA

View Full Version : McLaren hybrid excavator tracks

Scag48
11-19-2006, 06:18 PM
So I just went to McLaren's website and was looking at their hybrid mini excavator tracks. Basically it's a standard steel track with bolt holes drilled for the installation of rubber pads, nothing fancy, you can get the same setup from an OEM manufacturer. However, I imagine these tracks don't have nearly the premium price. I'm curious if anyone has pondered this route to take, for the longest time I was very skeptical of the steel tracks with bolt on pads, but these look like they still provide some adequate bite with the rubber bolted on. I'm curious as to the quality of the steel track and how they compare to OEM steel tracks as far as reliability and durability is concerened. I think that this might be the route we take when we replace the tracks on our 303, at about 450 hours on the machine they're showing wear, but we should get 1,000 easy. My old man has been using the 303 a ton lately and I'm planning for my exit strategy from college. By the time I'm out, he'll probably be trading up to a newer machine and I might buy the 303 off him and get started on my own. Might be good for me to swoon him into putting the tracks I want on the machine while he still owns it. :laugh: Whew, that was long! I'll stop rambling now.

BTW, here's a link to the tracks on McLaren's website. http://www.mclarenindustries.com/products.php?pID=5

minimax
11-19-2006, 10:22 PM
I have the hybrid's on my 35c deere and just roll over 1100 hr's on the tracks and are holding up great.McLaren buy the track from somebody and bolts there own pads on them,the same track's as most OEM tracks,all the steel tracks I have seen on 3 ton mini's they weld the pad to the chain.But I love the steel tracks vs. rubber tracks you run a mini like a fullsize and not worry about the rubber tracks or the pocket book,Last feb. we had a storm that put all the driftwood in the people'e backyards and the only way to get there was to "walk" the driftwood pile with the machine you could not do that with rubber tracks I got alot of work nobody else could do because of the tracks.

minimax

Scag48
11-20-2006, 02:55 AM
Sounds like that's the route we'll go. If you don't mind, what did they run you?

minimax
11-20-2006, 12:35 PM
About $3600 plus $350 for shipping they sometimes have end of the year sales on tracks.

minimax

Scag48
11-20-2006, 02:14 PM
Very reasonable indeed, a replacement set of rubber belted tracks would be about the same price from an OEM. Thanks for the info!

BTW, how did you guys make out up there with all the rain? I thought I was going to float away at some point, 16" of rain in 15 days is a little ridiculous.

thepawnshop
11-20-2006, 07:05 PM
I wonder if they will ever come out with this kind of track for CTL's?

nac
11-20-2006, 07:40 PM
I have about 2,000 hours on my original rubber tracks and still have a lot of life left in them. And my machine see a lot of shot rock and demo.

minimax
11-20-2006, 09:43 PM
Pawnshop, they all ready do for the track loaders other than ASV/CAT loaders.

minimax

Scag48
11-21-2006, 01:28 AM
Yeah, I noticed that they advertise those tracks to be built for non-suspended CTL undercarriages as well. If that were the case, I'd buy a Case 440CT, take the rubber tracks off, buy the McLarens, pull the rubber pads off and just run the steel. I'm practically drooling over that combo right now.